Interior modifications

Lelex

Reaction score
City, State
Roquefort-les-pins
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST-Line
Hi guys,

I wonder if any of you did some interior changes to your 2020 Explorer? I found some parts on AliExpress or eBay, but I am not sure how well they would fit :

- the foot rest and foot pedals for a metal version. Foot Pedals but I haven’t found a proper foot rest...
834456F2-9DFF-46AF-A95E-1026A8E1CA30.jpeg

- Dashboard inserts in Carbon but I would rather find an aluminium one...
F7428DB4-2C02-4A90-8394-506BD66B8D3D.png

- Aluminuim air outlet, around the rotating button as I didn’t find a full covering Here
72EB6552-4547-4596-96F0-913DCF14847D.png

They should fit like the 2 upper right side photos, but I have a doubt on the big part, that is flat on the picture here, and on the pictures I have for my future car it looks bended... How is it on yours?
5A7A8368-9857-432B-B7AB-19F6D006ADBD.jpeg

- Elbow rest on the doors Carbon version
C60EFB7C-02DB-4DEE-BC7E-6C2921FC0D40.png

- 2nd row air manager cover. Carbon version
ECF0E309-6714-432F-BAC0-CC0515ADD522.png

Anybody tried any of those or a similar kind of modification?
I would more likely look for black metal or silver metal modification, but I mostly found the Carbon ones on those sites...

Thanks for the intel 😉

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also forgot those 2 things :

- Steering wheel silver insert Here
760E4D90-DA5F-4A89-99F2-AC48EC2FB227.png

- Steering wheels Gear shifters Here
2F96847F-A2FA-4255-9C38-E0835686F897.png

🙋🏻‍♂️

That steering wheel silver insert item doesn't seem to be for the Explorer. At least that one doesn't seem to be the correct one.

Peter

It doesn’t fit on the steering wheel? You don’t have the same steering wheel than the one on the picture? The picture of that item alone is upside down, but otherwise I don’t see it wouldn’t fit...

I realize it's upside down but the cutouts for the buttons are not the same shape and the angles don't seem to conform to the dotted outline on the steering wheel.

Peter

Reminds me of the 1990s trend of the vinyl sticker overlays. In the end, it looks cheap.
That’s quite exactly my worry about this... But if I can find a remplacement part that goes on the exact same place, I could be interested with Matte Silver inserts instead of the carbon shaped plastic that is on now, especially on the dashboard... And the pedals that could be a little more Sporty in Metal...
I realize it's upside down but the cutouts for the buttons are not the same shape and the angles don't seem to conform to the dotted outline on the steering wheel.

Peter
Ok, good to know, I‘ll wait until I have the car before ordering, so I can send it back if it doesn’t fit. If I order 🤷🏻‍♂️

I ordered this 37 piece kit in solid black no stripe, it does all interior compartments in the 2020/2021 Explorer.

For those who have a limited or XLT or even a base model ST, infotainment now has a 10.1 nav screen upgrade. It uses the factory ford parts. It's pricey but it cheaper than upgrading to a 55K plus ST or Platinum when all you need is a 40K XLT

For those who have a limited or XLT or even a base model ST, infotainment now has a 10.1 nav screen upgrade. It uses the factory ford parts. It's pricey but it cheaper than upgrading to a 55K plus ST or Platinum when all you need is a 40K XLT

That's actually not that bad considering the hardware you get plus the techs dial in to do the programming.

Back