Interior or EXO cage, that is the ??. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior or EXO cage, that is the ??.

What type of roll cage should I build?

• exo-cage

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • interior w/ roof rack incorporated

Votes: 38 57.6%

• Total voters
OT is just down the street from me. Personally, I think their stuff is ugly. Especially those honkin sliders...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All of these are good points. I am going with a internal cage. I thought that it would be more exspensive but it turned out to be a little less b/c there is less metal used. My internal is gonna run around $1,200. It is pretty detailed and is going to be very big and stout. This will be the same type os configuration that the shop runs on there competition rig. Exo's look good and everything but I just couldn't see making my X any wider than it already is. I am going to go with some wrap around protection in the front and rear that is going to be added to my duff front bumper and custom rear bumper and also the rock rails are from frame to outside with sheet metal under them from that much more protection.

Only thing about an internal cage thaqt has it's disadvantage is you head when you roll. even if you have a seat belt or harness on you head may still contact the bars. weather you have padding or not it will still hurt. I also agree with the Exo cage limiting the width of your truck. In my new project I am going interior cage, over the front & rear seats then the down tubes inn the rear. If the rear gets crushed in a roll I'm just cutting it off.

Tim

Sounds like a good approach. I am just going full internal with some wrap arounds off my front bumper to my sliders to protect the fender and the same in the rear.

94ZebraRangerIf the rear gets crushed in a roll I'm just cutting it off. [/QUOTE said:
That's awesome, LOL.

Back