Wanted - Interior Pull Handles for 1st Gen XL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Interior Pull Handles for 1st Gen XL

Parts or services wanted

minelson17

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer XLS
Hey Guys,

Been rooting around on here and on line, called Ford, local junk yards, etc etc.....haven't found anywhere to obtain the four interior pull handle /arm rests I need on my '92 XL. Seen some correspondence on them, but haven't seen anyone successfully locate any.

Please note before you shoot me a link to fordparts.com or ebaymotors that this is an XL without power locks or windows, so the configuration is different, either that or I have some obscure 1st Gen interior panels that are typically found on other models (which wouldn't surprise me with this rig).

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Guys,

Been rooting around on here and on line, called Ford, local junk yards, etc etc.....haven't found anywhere to obtain the four interior pull handle /arm rests I need on my '92 XL. Seen some correspondence on them, but haven't seen anyone successfully locate any.

Please note before you shoot me a link to fordparts.com or ebaymotors that this is an XL without power locks or windows, so the configuration is different, either that or I have some obscure 1st Gen interior panels that are typically found on other models (which wouldn't surprise me with this rig).

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Can you post pictures of the inside of your truck? mainly door panels?
This may help.

Which ones do you need and what color? I have a spare or two. PM or email me at rhenbelz@hotmail.com.

If you still have a pull in one piece, trace it onto a piece of 3/4" plywood, cut it and cover it. I made mine 10 years ago and they work great.

I would think the standard ones for an Explorer with the power windows/locks would fit, you'd just need to make a filler plate and/or modify it some. I doubt they make base XL pulls anymore, but there's a chance you could find some if you keep looking.

arco777: email sent, hopefully you have what I'm looking for, thanks!

VintageUpgrades: I wish I did, unfortauntely all four were trashed and thrown out by my lil brother when I let him borrow the rig over the summer.

If you still have a pull in one piece, trace it onto a piece of 3/4" plywood, cut it and cover it. I made mine 10 years ago and they work great.

I did the same thing using walnut.

my driver one also split. You're absolutely right, them dang things cannot be found. Plus mine are tan. :(

Pics of missing/damaged handles

Here are the pics as requested.

Attachments

• Front Drivers Side Door.jpg
    Front Drivers Side Door.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 384
  • Front Pax Side Door.jpg
    Front Pax Side Door.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Rear Drivers Side Door.jpg
    Rear Drivers Side Door.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 371