interior stuff | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

interior stuff

Couple questions, some were answered and I'm second guessing.. some I just need some help on.

I have a 2000 mercury mountaineer, I'm wanting to replace all the interior lights with LEDs (plug and play). I originally asked what bulbs were in the dome light and I purchased 194's, What came out of the dome light ended up being 906/921's. The 194's work they're just not as big. The bulbs I pulled out of the puddle lights seemed to be also 906/921, does this seem correct?

So now moving on to the rest of the interior lights.

I'm pretty sure I know but I want to be positive this time,

This is my back seat dome light,
I'm assuming the middle bulb (that comes on when the doors are opened) is 906/921, and are the other two (on each side of the middle bulb) are 168's/194's?

ssc0382.jpg

csc0384.jpg

Next is the cargo/trunk light, I have no idea what size this is. Reference says 211-2 or 562, does anyone know if this is correct?

ssc0381.jpg

csc0383.jpg

any help is appreciated,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also,

If you could tell me what would be best for the dome light

5 SMD LED
13 SMD LED
25 SMD LED

even on the cargo light? im wanting to replace it with an LED

Sorry but I dont understand your question...

I read it again and i do understand your question. I have no idea what size it is. Check on autozone for the bulb size

Or just take a look at it......

Most do, but some dont. Over time the writing most always comes off.... Idk, just pull it and compare it to the ones at the autoparts store.

I inspected the bulbs before I posted this, there is no visible writing.

562 is correct, i just looked it up for you.

Seriously dude, Autozone dot com. Add your vehicle on there and you can look up just about anything

thanks, I looked it up myself I was simply explaining why just looking at the bulb didn't tell me which bulb it was.

Back