• Register Today It's free!

Interior swap? Sort of..

Eli Brown

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ranger XLT
Currently have a '98 Ranger that's about to get a V8 treatment.

Next thing it needs, is some interior betterment.
The stereo will slide right out of its casing when you back up quickly...this is funny if your friend is in the car and it's still in the driveway. But not in town in traffic. The interior (especially the Dash) has me thinking upgrade.

I'm thinking some Mercury Mountaineer stuff, or does anything Lincoln work?
Leather seats would ice the cake. I'm 54, so I have an excuse for my desire of extra luxury. Lol...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your 98 Ranger is very similar to a 95-01 Explorer or Mountaineer, also 96-04 Explorer Sport and 01-04 Sport trac
You can use dash parts and the front seats if you wish, carpet, center console, and more
The explorer front seats are a very tight fit into a standard cab ranger but if its an extended cab they will work just fine.
Is this what you were asking?

Your 98 Ranger is very similar to a 95-01 Explorer or Mountaineer, also 96-04 Explorer Sport and 01-04 Sport trac
You can use dash parts and the front seats if you wish, carpet, center console, and more
The explorer front seats are a very tight fit into a standard cab ranger but if its an extended cab they will work just fine.
Is this what you were asking?

Yes, that advice gives me some hope, and knowledge to work with...Much appreciated. :thumbsup:
I'd love to make this truck a bit special, it had a hard shell bed cover since it was new, so the inside of the bed is awesome for an Indiana truck :chug: Most are in kinda bad shape. And I am ready to experience approx. 300hp in a 2900lb truck!!

I have about 300 horsies in my 88 BII and I can tell you it gets up and goes pretty good for a BII on 35" tires

I'm planning on switching tires eventually. Probably more sport/street sized. Not sure just yet.

Your Bronco sounds like a quite fun ride!

Yes, that advice gives me some hope, and knowledge to work with...Much appreciated. :thumbsup:
I'd love to make this truck a bit special, it had a hard shell bed cover since it was new, so the inside of the bed is awesome for an Indiana truck :chug: Most are in kinda bad shape. And I am ready to experience approx. 300hp in a 2900lb truck!!
Is that 4WD now, because the V8 will need two more traction tires?

The front drive parts from the same cousin models bolt right in. So the V8 swap can easily become AWD too, stock 96-01 Explorer 302 stuff.

Originally I was gonna do the AWD thing. But decided to finish the 2wd, as I have a 4X4 project already that is on the back burner for now, it will need more $$$. My Ranger will eventually be a daily driver, may let my daughter have the Focus when the pickup is fully up and going. She said "guess I'm gonna have to learn to drive a stickshift, huh?" Actually I think she likes it.

Back