Intermittent ABS Light Issue -- Scanner Code of B1342 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent ABS Light Issue -- Scanner Code of B1342

Reaction score
City, State
Plantation
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac XLT
Hi,
I have a 2010 Sport Trac with 108,000 miles on it.
A short time ago, I started getting ABS light issues.
There is no way to duplicate the issue....it comes on and stays on until I turn the ignition off. Sometimes it comes on, other times it does not.
I did have one of the front hubs replace by the dealer a few months ago, and a bit before the error I did degrease my engine compartment (but only covered the alternator.
And since the error, I have replaced all my pads and rotors, thinking maybe it was something related to something there. I even pulled off the sensors to see if there was a visual clue.
My code scanner says it a B1342 error and according to the service manuals I purchased, B1342 means the ABS Module is bad.
I checked around, and it seems very rarely the ABS Module goes bad, so I am looking for some guidance here.
Thanks,
Murph

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I checked the sensors at each wheel, and they seem to be secure.
Do not know how to check them for defect.
And I did not get to the darn ABS Module....it seems to be buried under the battery.
Obviously Ford want only their techs screwing around under the hood of this vehicle!
Anyone else have a suggestion?

Should be a set of wires in one harness coming up from each hub It should have a connector it hooks to in the wheel well. Check the wires and connectors very closely.

Still having the issue....any other suggestions out there??

Back