Intermittent CEL after changing IAC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent CEL after changing IAC

Reaction score
City, State
Costa Mesa, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
So I changed the IAC, which seems to have solved the idle jump from 1200 down to 500, then CEL and stall/almost stall problem, at least so far. Now the CEL comes on randomly, but goes off before I stop and can get the codes pulled. I just had the injectors replaced a week ago. Any ideas?

Clean the Mass Air flow sensor (Right after the airbox). The 2 filaments can get dirty, use some contact cleaner to spray them clean. Tor 20 secure (little nub in the middle, I got a set of wrenches from autozone for $10)

Pull codes anyway. There should be codes stored in memory indicating what fault(s) the computer saw.

The MAF was recently replaced as well.

Clean the Mass Air flow sensor (Right after the airbox). The 2 filaments can get dirty, use some contact cleaner to spray them clean. Tor 20 secure (little nub in the middle, I got a set of wrenches from autozone for $10)

And the surge/stall issue returned. I wonder if the guy who put in the injectors for me misaligned the intake gaskets or something. I will keep everyone posted.

Back