Intermittent dashboard light issue in my 1995 Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent dashboard light issue in my 1995 Aerostar.

Brian Skinner

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Island NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 aerostar
I forgot to ask what would make the instrument cluster lights go out when the headlamps and tail lamps are on? The bulbs in the cluster are good and the switch to dim the lights are on the brightest setting. This is an intermittent problem and annoying at one time i can see the fuel level speedometer etc then the lights for the cluster go out. The rest of the lights ok. Please help.

Turn the dahsboard light switch back & forth wehn this issue occurs to see if it suddenly turns on. It might have a bad connection or corrosion on the contacts either on the switch plug or inside the switch.

if exercising the lights Switch Dimmer does not resolve the problem, the other alternative is to dismantle the dash trim and remove the gauges Pod to check the large Plugs that connect to the rear of the Pod. There are three plugs and they might need to be pulled and reconnected for good electrical contact.

Back