Intermittent Interior Lights/Dash Lights Dimmer Switch Part # | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Intermittent Interior Lights/Dash Lights Dimmer Switch Part #

Jerzey

Reaction score
City, State
Collinsville, IL formally from Atlantic City area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
So, from time to time the dash lights will shut off on my 00 Explorer Sport. I've found that the dash mounted dimmer switch is actually a bit erratic (you can shift it left and right and the interior lights will come on and off). When I looked up the dimmer switch on rock auto. They keep showing a turn signal lever.
Does anyone know the part number for the dash mounted scrolling dimmer switch?

Also, is there any other good ground locations for the interior lights that I should check to make sure everything is tight and clean?

(Truck has sat for 5 years, and I'm trying to bring it back to life to give to my son)

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

<

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
<

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
<

<

<

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
Good question Phil. YOUR link shows compatible with OP's 2000 Sport. Either way, this sounds like the "best" option. LOL

How to refurbish a 1998 Dimmer Switch

I agree Steve, certainly a less expensive option for the OP. Also, I've found that lemon juice makes a great contact cleaner for brass and copper. I think I've also heard that ketchup is also a good cleaner, but I've never tried that. I guess it's the mild acid that does the job.

<