Intermittent Moonroof Rattle While Driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent Moonroof Rattle While Driving

mikec209

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I bought a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition coming up on about 2 months ago. I really like the SUV and I especially love having a moonroof again (haven't had one in my last two vehicles).

The only thing that annoys me is every once in a while the moonroof will rattle a little bit while I'm driving. It usually (but not all of the time) happens after I go over a larger than normal speed bump or something similar. I'm able to stop the rattling for a little while if I open the moonroof all the way, drive for a few miles, and then close it again - or if I push up on the passenger side of the moonroof glass for about a minute while driving.

I opened the moonroof all the way and cleaned it the best that I could and it was okay for a day or two but then started doing it again. I thought there might be something loose somewhere but I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Looking for any advice on this. I apologize in advance if there's already a thread about this somewhere - I'm new around here :)

Back