• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent P0193

2000co

Reaction score
City, State
Englewood, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Mountaineer V6 AWD
Several months ago (maybe even a year ago) the check engine ligjt came on with P0193 code. The truck drives fine with no issues with the check engine on.

The check engine light turn off after I fill a full tank of gas and drive for 8-10 miles. The check engine light turns on after 20-30 miles of driving after the light turn off.

I did a lot of reading and didn't see anyone talking about the ligjt turn off after filling gas. Do I need to change the fuel pump, fuel pressure sensor or both? I have OBD reader if there's something I need to check to help diagnose the issue.

2005 Mountaineer V6 160k miles

What’s the code mean?
If it’s driving fine and your fuel trims are in order, I wouldn’t replace the pump.

The P0193 is a circuit code for the FRPS which would mean the signal is dropping out. Could just be a faulty sensor or potential wiring issue. Worst case a problem with the ECM. But a fuel pump would be one of the last places I'd look. The fact that it's driving fine suggests to me it's experiencing more of a hiccup in the signal. I'd start out by first looking at live data for the fuel pressure and do a wiggle test on the connector and harness.

Back