Intermittent sluggish engine, rough idle | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Intermittent sluggish engine, rough idle

emolina

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT SOHC
I first noticed this when running the truck in ambient temps of over 90 degrees. After the engine had been off for about 20 min. or so, I would start the truck and it would run as if it were missing. I would give it gas but it just wouldn't go. It would clear up within 5 min. It gave a CEL and code of intermittent misfire. It hasn't given a CEL in about a over a year but the problem is continuing. It happened the 2 weeks ago in cooler weather right at start up. I drove for about 1 mile and it continued to run rough. It feels like the engine is working against itself. I had been running the stock airbox for that time. I cleaned the Maf and but the K&N back on. Ran great but still gave me the problem a couple of days later. My mechanic pulled these codes:
B04F1; P106A; P0100. They cleared and test drove. No problem. Any ideas? Thanks.