Intermittent starting flashing dash | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intermittent starting flashing dash

NJE

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, Md
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
Hello
I have a 2006 Explorer 4.0l 4x4 Auto trans. Driving yesterday the dash shut off and restarted, lights and led trip computer. Made a stop and it was hard to start not clicking or hard cranking. Nothing then it cranked and fired. I drove home and scanned for codes, nothing. I thought I had a battery or charging system problem so I placed on charger, tested alternator nothing abnormal. Sometimes it started other times no response. Dash is blank now. If it starts it runs fine with no illumination or display on dash. The airbag, check engine, charging system, and oil light blink simultaneously with a beep and it will not start. Scan tool says pending DTC

Please help. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a spare key that you could try instead of the one you normally use? Just wondering if it is related to the chip in the key and the theft mode (PATS) is kicking in for some reason.

where you able to figure out what was wrong with it?

I think it would be best to pull the instrument panel cluster and check all you wiring. could be a ground/wiring issue. Electrical issues are always quirky. There is a thread on here somewhere for pulling the instrument cluster. When I find it, i will post the link. BTW How close are you to the Harbor and Camdem Yards. I'm from Frederick, MD. I am working overseas right now, and my Eddie Bauer is being stored in Baltimore.

Back