iOS 6.1 out today | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iOS 6.1 out today

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
Anyone have a chance yet to upgrade to 6.1 and try it with MFT?

Do they play well together?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't look like it changes much, but I'm updating my iPhone 4 right now
About iOS 6.1 Software Update

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

LTE support for more carriers (complete list of supported carriers at www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/)
Purchase movie tickets through Fandango with Siri (USA only)
iTunes Match subscribers can now download individual songs from iCloud
New button to reset the Advertising Identifier

I didn't really notice anything different on te ride home. Made a few calls. Listened to a text message. Played a few songs. Seems to work fine, but didnt notice anything new.

I'm on iOS 6.1 and I saw no improvement.

Are all of you listening to text messages? Still won't work on my iPhone 4..

Today I started to get some Text/iMessages to speech but not all the time and no emails like before.

I listen to almost all my messages through the MFT system. I have found that if I leave the specific text "open" or "active"....it doesn't come through the system all the time. Also, if you are constantly checking your phone you may not give the system a chance to display it. I have found that I am looking at my phone alot less and just let them pop up on MFT....

I downloaded 6.1 and will report back what I find....

6.1 downloaded on my iPhone 4 and tested on a 3 hour drive this afternoon. Nothing broke, and nothing new that I could see. No messaging.

6.1 downloaded on my iPhone 4 and tested on a 3 hour drive this afternoon. Nothing broke, and nothing new that I could see. No messaging.

iPhone 4 with 6.1 and MFT 3.5.1... It'll read my texts to me as long as I hit the button on the popup when it first comes in. It won't let me from the list of messages though... At least when moving. I'll need to double check when parked.

I did need to reboot my MFT system to get the texts to work.

iPhone 4 with 6.1 and MFT 3.5.1... It'll read my texts to me as long as I hit the button on the popup when it first comes in. It won't let me from the list of messages though... At least when moving. I'll need to double check when parked.

I did need to reboot my MFT system to get the texts to work.

OK.. so reading texts work all the time in mine.. It will read from the list of existing messages and when a new one comes in.

I cannot send a text though. it goes through the motions, but then it just says "Sending Message" until I turn the car off and no message ever goes.

people still have I phones?
LOL J/K

Ok, so I just download the latest Sync 3.5.1 update, but before that I wasn't receiving any iMessages or Texts through the bluetooth. I've downloaded the latest 6.1 OS for iPhone 5 and still nothing. What do I need to do?

I've had the iPhone 5 since November, but before that I was getting text messages through Sync with my BlackBerry, so I know it was at least working at some point, even though it was a completely different phone.

Ok, so I just download the latest Sync 3.5.1 update, but before that I wasn't receiving any iMessages or Texts through the bluetooth. I've downloaded the latest 6.1 OS for iPhone 5 and still nothing. What do I need to do?

I've had the iPhone 5 since November, but before that I was getting text messages through Sync with my BlackBerry, so I know it was at least working at some point, even though it was a completely different phone.

I had to reboot my system before it worked.

Make sure that on the iPhone, you go under the bluetooth settings for the Sync profile and turn on "Allow notifications"

This is not usually on by default.

Make sure that on the iPhone, you go under the bluetooth settings for the Sync profile and turn on "Allow notifications"

Boy, I feel like an idiot. I just realized that Notifications wasn't switched on. We'll give it a try when I leave work.

Thanks for the the tip cnsheets. I noticed that Allow Notifications was off on my phone as well (iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1). I turned it on, went to the car and pressed Messaging. For the first time the not compatible warning didn't come up. I tried sending a text and like everyone else, it failed. I asked my partner to send me a text, which came through the phone but not MFT. When I pressed Messaging again, MFT went back to "not compatible phone."

Oh well.

Thanks for the the tip cnsheets. I noticed that Allow Notifications was off on my phone as well (iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1). I turned it on, went to the car and pressed Messaging. For the first time the not compatible warning didn't come up. I tried sending a text and like everyone else, it failed. I asked my partner to send me a text, which came through the phone but not MFT. When I pressed Messaging again, MFT went back to "not compatible phone."

Oh well.

Typically its best to delete the pair from MFT and your phone.....don't just disconnect the pair, actually delete it....then repair the phone to MFT, and turn on "allow notifications"

I had actually deleted the pair, power cycled my iPhone, reboot MFT, then repaired everything, turned on allow notifications, and everything works....well I wouldn't say everything....I can receive text messages through MFT, just can not send them.

I don't see this setting on my Iphone4. Would you give the exact path that you are stating in this format....

Settings>Bluetooth>SYNC>????

Maybe it's because I am away from the car and SYNC is not connected?

I don't see this setting on my Iphone4. Would you give the exact path that you are stating in this format....

Settings>Bluetooth>SYNC>????

Maybe it's because I am away from the car and SYNC is not connected?

Yup, pair to MFT and the option appears. Also, I believe someone posted a procedure which talks about deleting the phone connection in MFT and your iPhon th turn off your phone and restart. Next, pair the connections again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, pair to MFT and the option appears. Also, I believe someone posted a procedure which talks about deleting the phone connection in MFT and your iPhon th turn off your phone and restart. Next, pair the connections again.

Exactly.

Back