iPhone 5 suddenly won't hook up to bluetooth | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPhone 5 suddenly won't hook up to bluetooth

Readmeli

Reaction score
City, State
Rhinelander, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
All of a sudden my iPhone 5 won't hook up to the Bluetooth in my 2013 explorer. Has been working fine, and just stopped. I rebooted phone several times, tried to sync up several times no good. Deleted the phone, tried to refind it and it won't come up, phone doesn't find the explorer, either now.

I'm dumbfounded! I tried searching for a solution but not much luck. Aside from doing a master reset, that sounds scary. Will that delete all my saved locations from nav?

Thanks for any insights...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All of a sudden my iPhone 5 won't hook up to the Bluetooth in my 2013 explorer. Has been working fine, and just stopped. I rebooted phone several times, tried to sync up several times no good. Deleted the phone, tried to refind it and it won't come up, phone doesn't find the explorer, either now.

I'm dumbfounded! I tried searching for a solution but not much luck. Aside from doing a master reset, that sounds scary. Will that delete all my saved locations from nav?

Mine did something similar last week as well. Had to delete the phone from MFT, do the full Master Reset then battery disconnect.

Got it back but even with "Show Notifications" turned on I still got the "This phone is not configured to accept Bluetooth messaging" or similar message.

Then all of sudden it starts receiving text through MFT.

MFT and iPhones = very finicky

Delete phone from MFT and MFT from phone, then reboot phone. Turn bluetooth on phone of and back on then try to re-pair them. If that doesn't work I'd try the delayed reboot before master reset. Your MFT will eventually do a reboot by itself if you use it much at all. I've had MFT for 2 1/2 years and have never done a master reset other than before and after an update.

Here's a link to the delayed reboot: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382163

Hmmm ok I'll have to try this later this weekend. Think you for the tips. Sure is frustrating it worked perfectly fine all this time and just stopped!

Hi Readmeli,

A master reset will delete your saved navigation favorites, but I think it is the best option since you tried all other troubleshooting. Just in case you need it, here's a link to the instructions:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

You can also try toggling the bluetooth on the MFT on and off. Sometimes that does the trick. Most likely the delayed reboot app will do it for you!

Back