• Register Today It's free!

iPhone and MFT 2.11

JStellato

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
So, I'm just curious for those of you who've done the 2.11 update and have an iPhone. Have you noticed an improvement? It seems like those release notes mentioned iPhone specifically.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, I'm just curious for those of you who've done the 2.11 update and have an iPhone. Have you noticed an improvement? It seems like those release notes mentioned iPhone specifically.

I have never had an issue w/ my iPhone 4 and the sync/mft system. 2.11 didn't improve nor make things worse for me, it just has always worked from the beginning.

I have never had an issue w/ my iPhone 4 and the sync/mft system. 2.11 didn't improve nor make things worse for me, it just has always worked from the beginning.

The only issue I am having with my iPhone is that I have it set up to tether my phone over Bluetooth (thanks again for answering my questions Wikedz), but each time I shut the truck off it forgets that I set the Bluetooth setting to PAN and puts it back to OFF. So I have to go settings hunting the next time.

If 2.11 saved that setting better than my current 2.8 I would be heading to the dealer now, but I have not heard if it fixes this. Other than that issue my iPhone 4 works exactly as expected. Mft has not given me a single issue playing music over USB or Bluetooth.

w1kedz so you haven't had trouble with album art, or playing music over bluetooth?

w1kedz so you haven't had trouble with album art, or playing music over bluetooth?

Not sure about W1kedz, but both of those features work great for me. I think there was one time I had to hit the btaudio source button an extra time because it didn't switch over but outside of that, no complaints.

If 2.11 saved that setting better than my current 2.8 I would be heading to the dealer now, but I have not heard if it fixes this. Other than that issue my iPhone 4 works exactly as expected. Mft has not given me a single issue playing music over USB or Bluetooth.

I actually haven't tried PAN since getting the update, I only use the feature occasionally. I will connect via BT PAN tonight and test for you.

As long as you turn off the gracenote features and use embedded album art in your songs, I've had no issues. I have never seen gracenote actually work (I went from 2.4 straight to 2.11, but don't see a difference in 2.11 either)

No issues with music/audio over BT. I regularly connect my iPad via BT for audio of the MLB.TV games while the video plays on the iPad screen.

In regards to PAN auto connecting on next start of vehicle:

This does not work still. The setting defaults to OFF
I'm perfectly OK with this as I don't think I'd like it to connect to PAN and suck down my data and battery w/out me knowing. However I would like an option to add the Bluetooth Internet settings screen to the shortcuts screen.

Or a Turn on PAN option would be even better ;)

In regards to PAN auto connecting on next start of vehicle:

This does not work still. The setting defaults to OFF
I'm perfectly OK with this as I don't think I'd like it to connect to PAN and suck down my data and battery w/out me knowing. However I would like an option to add the Bluetooth Internet settings screen to the shortcuts screen.

Or a Turn on PAN option would be even better ;)

Darn. Thanks for checking it out for me. I agree I don't need it on all the time, but if we are on a trip would be cool to not have to enable it again after ever stop.

Thanks again! So far that's my only real MFT complaint, so could be far worse.

Back