Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Burbs, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt 4.0L SOHC 4x4
Anyone have one of these yet?
http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/

HomeMainBackground.jpg

My Brother and Me just got a 2000 F350 diesel, it will be kept up in St.Germain and it gets dam cold up there. I was thinking something like this would be a good idea to run the truck a couple times per week.

Any thoughts on keeping the truck parked outside in sub zero weather?
How often should it be run and how long?
Any fuel additives I should use?
Should I keep a charger on the battery?

Thanks,
Bob

(not sure if I posted this in the right place, but I couldn't find any alarm or remote start sections)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are two ways to do this for three hundred dollars you can add this system to your viper two way alarm which make it comm. with the alarm, for six hundred you can can have the alarm and and the iphone program. i would wait like two months to get it since "best buy" has the exclusive for that time after that it will be everwhere. and after the two months it will be able to two way page you back and come with a companion remote just in case you have no reception or dead phone.

That's pretty neat. I'm interested to know how the car communicates to the Internet or what not....

It says from virtually anywhere, and you need to pay $29.99 a year to use it, so I'm guessing that the alarm module has some sort of GSM sim card or something of that sort

It says from virtually anywhere, and you need to pay $29.99 a year to use it, so I'm guessing that the alarm module has some sort of GSM sim card or something of that sort

That's exactly what I was thinking...

That's exactly what I was thinking...

It is a 1 way GSM, so I need to park the truck in a place where one of my web-cams can see if its running. I don't like that. I want 2 way, did it start? What is the engine temp? Stuff like that. Anyone remember when Motorola had this 15 years ago? Know who they sold it to?

Trivia question of the day. :D

its one way for now but in like two months its two way. as far as i have heard is going to have a cellular antenna add on. but thats all they have let us know so far

its one way for now but in like two months its two way. as far as i have heard is going to have a cellular antenna add on. but thats all they have let us know so far

Where can I find this info?
I want this thing but I want 2 way, so this is on the back burner until that is released. Unless its a firmware or software upgrade, something backwards compatible to the unit, then I might pull the trigger on this thing before the truck heads up north for the winter.

Bob

A local shop that sponsors us has this on his iphone and its pretty neat. It is expensive even for dealers but i thought that was one of the coolest features I have seen.

Back