• Register Today It's free!

iPhone Sync Issues

ezridermn

Reaction score
City, State
Forest Lake, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I have a 2011 Explorer. It has the MyFord Touch System in it. The major software update that was released in March 2012 has been installed.

Everything has worked fine for me since that time. However, in the last week or so the interaction with my iPhone 5 with IOS 6 has been acting flaky. In essence it is to the point where I cannot use my phone through the MyFord Touch System.

Examples of the problems follow. I get an incoming call. I push the answer button on the steering wheel. Normally the phone app would come up on the touch screen. Now it doesn't. I look at the phone and the call is seemingly answered but the caller can't hear me. The audio on my phone is set to sync and the Bluetooth connection is confirmed on the touchscreen.

I will make an outgoing call. Once again the app doesn't come up on the touch screen and the telephone ringing sound doesn't play through the speaker system. However, the call will connect and then I can converse even though I never heard the phone ring.

When I try to listen to a voice mail it takes about 10 seconds from the start of the replay before it can be heard through the sync system.

Any idea what's going on? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

log into syncmyride.com or goto the dealer for update 3.5.1. If you have NAV, you will need a new NAv card as well.

I have a 2011 Explorer. It has the MyFord Touch System in it. The major software update that was released in March 2012 has been installed.

Everything has worked fine for me since that time. However, in the last week or so the interaction with my iPhone 5 with IOS 6 has been acting flaky. In essence it is to the point where I cannot use my phone through the MyFord Touch System.

Examples of the problems follow. I get an incoming call. I push the answer button on the steering wheel. Normally the phone app would come up on the touch screen. Now it doesn't. I look at the phone and the call is seemingly answered but the caller can't hear me. The audio on my phone is set to sync and the Bluetooth connection is confirmed on the touchscreen.

I will make an outgoing call. Once again the app doesn't come up on the touch screen and the telephone ringing sound doesn't play through the speaker system. However, the call will connect and then I can converse even though I never heard the phone ring.

When I try to listen to a voice mail it takes about 10 seconds from the start of the replay before it can be heard through the sync system.

Thanks.

Reboot MFT (using either the delayed reboot app, or pulling the fuse, or disconnecting the battery)...

Reboot your iPhone 5

Should be good to go.

Like cnsheets said there is a newer update as well, but if your system has been working fine till recently the reboots should solve your issue

Where to get it...

I am currently running MFT 3.2.2 I just ordered 3.5.1 from syncmyride.com. It said I would get the update and card sometime next week.

I would like to give the delayed reboot app a try. Do you know where I can get the app at?

Thanks.

I am currently running MFT 3.2.2 I just ordered 3.5.1 from syncmyride.com. It said I would get the update and card sometime next week.

I would like to give the delayed reboot app a try. Do you know where I can get the app at?

Thanks.

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

Follow the instructions on the screen :)

Thanks.
Have you checked out the posts on the problems with iOS6 and SYNC/MFT in the IVT forum? You are not alone. Some appear to lay the blame with Apple.
Interesting read in post #201 of the following thread;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359468

As for me and my none smart phone, we just keep chugging along.:D

Peter

Thanks.

Hey, ezridermn!

I agree with 13Sport; it sounds like you need a reboot. You can also try a Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Rebecca

Hey, ezridermn!

I agree with 13Sport; it sounds like you need a reboot. You can also try a Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Rebecca

I really wish that you guys would explain the ramifications of doing a MASTER RESET before suggesting it to everyone. In doing so they lose all pairings, all navigation entries, all settings, etc. It's a pretty egregious step when someone likely just needs to reboot.

It's like telling someone to format their computer (losing all data, etc) when they really only need to turn it off and back on again.

This would be OK if you provided a way to backup the data first, but currently you don't. I think the MASTER RESET advice is getting out of control, it isn't really the fix for everything (or anything for that matter).

I really wish that you guys would explain the ramifications of doing a MASTER RESET before suggesting it to everyone. In doing so they lose all pairings, all navigation entries, all settings, etc. It's a pretty egregious step when someone likely just needs to reboot.

It's like telling someone to format their computer (losing all data, etc) when they really only need to turn it off and back on again.

This would be OK if you provided a way to backup the data first, but currently you don't. I think the MASTER RESET advice is getting out of control, it isn't really the fix for everything (or anything for that matter).

Thank you for your feedback, 13 Sport! A Master Reset is our method to clear the system of any errors that some users may encounter. Also, a warning message pops up after selecting MASTER RESET that states all data will be erased. If the reboot that you advised ezridermn to perform doesn't work, he can try a reset.

Rebecca

Back