iPhone text message alert tone | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPhone text message alert tone

If this is solely the fault of Apple, then how come in my Infiniti the text sound still comes out of the phone, and everything else goes bluetooth through the vehicle?

I assume your infiniti doesn't offer bluetooth audio capability (music through the bluetooth)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I assume your infiniti doesn't offer bluetooth audio capability (music through the bluetooth)

Correct, I figured that to be the reason but wanted to be sure.

I'd give up BT audio to get text message tones back.

Confirmed that installing "Bluetooth Service Manager" on a jailbroken phone, and disabling the A2DP profile will make the phone behave as you have requested. It connects to handsfree (CTP), but does not direct other audio through SYNC automatically.

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

I tried that tweak
Now, I don't miss any text message :)

iPhone 4 text recognition and audible alert.

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site as this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer XLT. I have an iPhone 4 and at first I was having problems with the text messaging feature but after several tries It began working. I now receive audible and visual alert(MFT screen) for any received/incoming messages. MFT even reads them for me while driving. I messed around with it so much that I really don't know how I got it to work but I do remember changing the setting in my phone Settings>Bluetooth>Sync(arrow)>show notifications>on. I will try to post pictures of the incoming messages although I'm still learning to post here as well. I just thought I'd post this to let you all know that it is possible with the iPhone.
Thx all.

I realize the iphone does not support text messaging through MFT, however, with my old 3GS and now my new 4S, whenever connected to MFT, if I receive a text message, it does not provide an audible alert from the phone. I only know that I received a text message if I happen to visually see it pop up on the phone. No audible whatsoever when connected to MFT. If I disconnect from MFT, I receive an audible message alert no problem. Any ideas why? Anyone else notice this or have the same problem? Way to correct it?
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site as this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer XLT. I have an iPhone 4 and at first I was having problems with the text messaging feature but after several tries It began working. I now receive audible and visual alert(MFT screen) for any received/incoming messages. MFT even reads them for me while driving. I messed around with it so much that I really don't know how I got it to work but I do remember changing the setting in my phone Settings>Bluetooth>Sync(arrow)>show notifications>on. I will try to post pictures of the incoming messages although I'm still learning to post as well.
I just thought I'd post this to let you all know that it is possible with the iPhone.
Thx all.

I know this is an old thread, so please direct me to a newer one if there is one. I have a 2015 Mustang GT that pops up an onscreen notification and sound when I receive a text message. It has the option to listen which I do occasionally use so I know that works as well. My wife and I both use iphones. Her 2016 Explorer Sport does not do the same for her even though I've looked at the settings in her explorer and on her phone and can't see a difference. Any ideas or something I've overlooked on her settings. I have iPhone 5s. She has iPhone 6.

Back