iPhone Text Messages | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iPhone Text Messages

Can text messages from the iPhone6 be displayed on screen upon arrival?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I followed the steps Rebecca and it said this device does not support text messages. Perhaps they can make this work in the next update.

It absolutely works with iPhone 6. At least the reading of the texts, I've never tried viewing the texts. Not positive about MFT, but in SYNC 3 you cannot view them while driving.

Like Lewisra stated, you won't be able to view them while driving, however, you should be able to see the message if you're stopped. When did you get that message? After pressing on VIEW?

Rebecca

It absolutely works with iPhone 6. At least the reading of the texts, I've never tried viewing the texts. Not positive about MFT, but in SYNC 3 you cannot view them while driving.

Lewis, What are your exact settings on your IPhone and on SYNC? My SYNC is Gen 2 - V3.8 with MFT. And, are you going through sames steps as mentioned above?

Delete SYNC on your phone, delete your phone on MFT. Add your phone to SYNC(I don't recall the exact steps, but it's fairly simple) after they are synced go into your phone. Settings, Bluetooth, click on the "i" to the right of the listing for SYNC, turn on show notifications. Have someone text you to see if it works. If it doesn't let me know.

Delete SYNC on your phone, delete your phone on MFT. Add your phone to SYNC(I don't recall the exact steps, but it's fairly simple) after they are synced go into your phone. Settings, Bluetooth, click on the "i" to the right of the listing for SYNC, turn on show notifications. Have someone text you to see if it works. If it doesn't let me know.

It did work via voice command and verbally said what the message was, thanks. When I receive a text, it's silent and I'm not sure why because I have it set to "alert 1" or whatever that first setting is under messages or text messages. I'm not alert via a sound when a text message arrives?

It did work via voice command and verbally said what the message was, thanks. When I receive a text, it's silent and I'm not sure why because I have it set to "alert 1" or whatever that first setting is under messages or text messages. I'm not alert via a sound when a text message arrives?

Sounds like the "alert" volume is turned down. When you go into set the alert (alert 1)do you hear it when you press "play sound" button? If not turn up the volume as you press the "play sound" button.

Sounds like the "alert" volume is turned down. When you go into set the alert (alert 1)do you hear it when you press "play sound" button? If not turn up the volume as you press the "play sound" button.

I put it on Alert 2 and it worked. I'll go back to Alert 1 and try turning up the volume, thanks.

Back