• Register Today It's free!

dklalonde

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Ex Limited
Hi,
I just picked up my new Ford Explorer Limited 2014 in Dark Side. I love it so far- I was talked out of navigation, so I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't just put it. I want to get the best out of my iPhone and Sync, and I would like to have any tips/suggestions? I just figure out the text messaging feature, however disappointed that my contact pictures don't go on there. Any news on Applink and what apps in Canada we can use? Anyone use navigation off their phone, and if so what apps did u you use on it? And you can't just buy the Ford SD Navigation and plug it in, right? You actually had to have it pre-ordered with it, can you confirm?

Thanks....

Hi,
I just picked up my new Ford Explorer Limited 2014 in Dark Side. I love it so far- I was talked out of navigation, so I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't just put it. I want to get the best out of my iPhone and Sync, and I would like to have any tips/suggestions? I just figure out the text messaging feature, however disappointed that my contact pictures don't go on there. Any news on Applink and what apps in Canada we can use? Anyone use navigation off their phone, and if so what apps did u you use on it? And you can't just buy the Ford SD Navigation and plug it in, right? You actually had to have it pre-ordered with it, can you confirm?

Thanks....
Welcome to the Forum dklalonde.:wavey:
Congratulations on your new Explorer. You are correct in that the navigation has to be factory ordered/installed. Ford reps have advised that Applink is not currently available on the Explorer but they are working on it. Have been for over 3 years now.
As per my PM to you, I will move your post over to the 'IVT' (In Vehicle Technology) forum.

Peter

Hi, dklalonde,

Welcome and congrats!

Since Peter already answered your AppLink and navigation questions, here's a link to our support page that has tons of helpful information:

http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology-sync-myford-touch

If you have any specific questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Rebecca

......you can have my navigation system, I'll leave out on my driveway for you to pick it up.

Rebecca does a great job representing Ford on the explorer but even she can't turn water into whiskey!!!

A refund or credit from Ford would be greatly appreciated!!!!

In the meantime..........it's Apple Maps BT thru the MFT

Back