iPhone X doesn't work with USB | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

iPhone X doesn't work with USB

Blade_Runner

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited
Yesterday, I upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone X.

In the past, when I plugged in the iPhone 6 to the USB, Entertainment would automatically detect USB1 and start playing the music from Spotify and I could see album art, skip tracks, and pause/play etc. This made me not want to crash the Explorer in a tree so I could get a new one with Apple CarPlay.

When I plugged in the iPhone X to the USB, Entertainment looked as though it was about to complete the automatic USB1 detection and start playing, but it dies and stays with the Entertainment turned off. Then I tried to manually select USB with the iPhone connected and it said "no compatible media on device". This makes me want to crash the Explorer into a tree so I can get one with Apple CarPlay.

Does anyone know what changed? Both iPhones have the same iOS and Spotify.
I'm running out of idea's here.

<

Blade_Runner

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited
SOLVED!

The software on the iPhone will not work as expected with a third party music application unless there is at least one song in Apple's Music application to play. Most all apple products come with a test song loaded in said application. I believe it is sweet piano music by Scott Joplin. Apparently, Apple got cheap and fails to load the most expensive phone on the market without any test songs!. I purchased a $0.69 Wheeler Walker Jr. song and I was off to the races.

I found this information on the Spotify help community.

If you don't want to drive your Explorer into a tree, put at least one song from iTunes on your iPhone.

<