IPOD connect to 6 disk in dash stereo with AUX button | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IPOD connect to 6 disk in dash stereo with AUX button

bigtigexplorer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
I just purchased a new 2006 F-250, the stereo has an AUX button. I would like to connect my IPOD and be able to use the factory stereo and steering wheel buttons to control the IPOD.

I've already done some digging and found the Precision interface Electronics (P.I.E.) FRD04-AUX which converts the factory AUX in to a RCA line-in connection. However this does not provide IPOD control through the factory stereo.

I've also looked into the NEO ION, however it doesn't currently support my stereo. From what I can tell this would be the ideal solution for me if support was available.

Does any know of something I can use or better yet already done this?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Blitzsafe device provides a way to connect your IPOD to any RCA style line input . It also charges your IPOD while connected and for twenty minuets after you turn off the vehicle.

It does not however provide for controling your IPOD using the factory stereo and/or steering wheel controls.

ahh.. I see what your trying to do.. My sights weren't set so high.. I though you just wanted a way to control it.. but didn't think through the stock head-unit... That would be a neat way to do it.. I'd even think of getting an Ipod if I could do that (currently we have a creative 60Gb nomad)..

~Mark

I dont think you can do it. The stock head unit isnt programed to interface with the Pod. Your best bet is to get a RF remote like this.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...nwvkE2hDHYFiwdQyLwaW/8.0.15.1.0.6.25.7.11.0.3

I have one and it works pretty well. I strapped the remote to the steering wheel using the supplied mount. The only thing about this one is that you cant scroll through the menus. They make another one that will do that. But you need a gen 4 ckickwheel Pod for that.

Other than that the only other way I know of controlling the Pod through the head unit is to buy something like a Pioneer head unit and the integrating unit. You'll loose your steering wheel controls but gain a remote.

Back