ipod connection problems.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ipod connection problems....

tursky4

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer
ok here is what happend.. i bought an axxess aip-fd20-id with the 20 pin connector because i was somehow led to believe that my 04 had the radio with the black plug but much to my suprise when i opened it up it had the grey plug soo there is no 20 pin connector.. i do have the sat button on my radio.. soo i know i can hook up my ipod if i get the right adapter for this device.. i was wondering on this radio.. the one with the grey plugs.. well i was wondering what port the sat radio plugs into in the back of the radio.. is it the canbus or the 16 pin or are they the same.. someone please explain to me what exactly those three plugs are on the back of this thing haha

i know nobody has replied yet but i think what i need to do is basically take a reverse 16 pin. cut off my 20 pin that i have and wire it to the 16 pin.. i have a pinpoint for the 16 but i need to know what sockets do what for the 20 pin if any one knows the pin points for the 20 pin please let me know thanks..

I dont know about this, but you can try searching over at the audio & navi section.

Back