• Register Today It's free!

IPod on stock radio.

BlackedOut

Reaction score
City, State
Crestline, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
I have the stock stereo in my 97 Mountaineer and i wanna find a way to hook up an iPod auxiliary jack. Not the USB jack but the AUX jack that comes standard on an after market CD player. I got a tape deck adapter but my tape player plays really fuzzy and weird and i dont wanna get rid of the stock 6 disk changer. Any options?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck. Let us know how good it works if you end up getting it.

Why not get an FM transmitter? plugs into the headphone jack of your ipod, and then transmits through your radio. just find a fuzzy station, set the transmitter to that and you should be fine. I've seen ones specifically made for the Ipod....works quite well, but there's cheaper versions out there. I think mine cost 20 bucks or so. You can also get ones that plug into your cigarette lighter while in the car so you're not burning through batteries.

Why not get an FM transmitter? plugs into the headphone jack of your ipod, and then transmits through your radio. just find a fuzzy station, set the transmitter to that and you should be fine. I've seen ones specifically made for the Ipod....works quite well, but there's cheaper versions out there. I think mine cost 20 bucks or so. You can also get ones that plug into your cigarette lighter while in the car so you're not burning through batteries.

I got one a while ago and it works pretty good when im on the freeway and stuff but its pretty much useless when im driving around the mountain. All the trees and junk mess with the reception.

I got one a while ago and it works pretty good when im on the freeway and stuff but its pretty much useless when im driving around the mountain. All the trees and junk mess with the reception.

Maybe consider the one thats ipod specific...a friend of mine has one that blocks our local radio station when set to that station....and our local station can be heard while driving an hour and a half away from our city. although the trip tunes as posted earlier looks pretty cool too. (ie plugs into factory, and keeps a ford, a ford.) I'm not sure how much the ipod specific is, but it's likely just as much, or more. So, in ford spirit, go with the trip-tunes. let us know how it works out.

Back