Ipod owners. Show me your explorer/ipod configurations | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ipod owners. Show me your explorer/ipod configurations

ipod adapter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I definetly decided im going to go with the ip-bus to rca convertor. Than use the belkin charger in the cig lighter and plug in a headphone 3.5mm to rca from the charger to the convertor. The charger has a headphone jack with built-in amp. Is there a cable i can use instead of the convertor box pioneer sells. How is the this compared to the ipod adapter they make?

No, there is no other adapter than that. But it's just about the only non-modulated way to hookup an iPod well enough. The iPod adapter is complicated and i've heard that it doesn't work that well. But the IP bus works very well. There are 2 models; one just has the RCA inputs. The other has 2 RCA inputs and another IP bus input for another CD cartridge. If you want, I can find all the parts necessary to get you on your way.

http://www.sik.com/imp.php

this thing is cool, i was going to buy one when i had my buick (ugh) so there would be less wires. that was when i used the rcas.

i have a cd-rb10 if you want, original pioneer part, $30 shipped. nib + little manual thingy.

That product there is about the same as the belkin unit, but with more wires involved.

it will sound the same.

coolest looking thing right here...

http://tonytalkstech.com/2004/04/13/custom-car-install-for-your-ipod-mini/

http://homepage.mac.com/reelmagik1/PhotoAlbum3.html

if i wanted to make things look clean with no wire i was thinking of having my ipod near the cup holders and have the ipod plug coming out of the hole on the center console near the box that opens for like maps and other things. How can I route the cable from the belkin charger under my center console? How hard is it to remove the center console?

Those 3 things are all you need. I just routed the iPod connector (from the belkin unit) near/between my driver seat and under the center console where it meets the carpet.

I just went to best buy to check out subs. I was looking at the deh-p4700mp and the deh-p6700mp. in your opinions which is better.

ions said:
I have the same set up as phuct but i didnt try to hide the wires and what not cause i only see the inside of my truck so i could care if it looks like ass :) it sounds really good also altho the volume seems to be alittle lower than when playing CDs.

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0010.jpg
I have nearly the EXACT same setup. different ipod, same HU.

I think it sounds surprisingly good. I was worried about losing a lot of sound quality because on the small headphone output from the Ipod but it maintained bass and what not very well. another vote on simple RCAs...

My "Ipod" burns DVDs :).
I used to have an Ipod mount molded into the center console, but after the carputer, it just seemed pointless.

Attachments

• justin 020.jpg
    justin 020.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 281

Here's my roadtrip setup. :D

016.jpg

Back