• Register Today It's free!

IPod/USB SYNC 3.4 Problems

13Xworldchamps

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020Explorer ST
New owner of a 2020 ST in Atlas Blue with Street and Technology. I try to connect my I pod Classic to the USB and it rarely comes up as an audio source. The Ipod is good, the cable is good. What I've found is if I do a factory reset with Sync, then the ipod appears as a source and plays correctly. When I turn off the car, and restart it, it's no longer a source. The only way I can get it back is to do a reset and repeat the process.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Eddie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iPod Classic is ancient. I've heard of problems with those for years. Copy your media library to a thumb drive and go that route.

Yeah... I just like to sound of it. Any recommendations on converting my ipod library to an uncompressed format? Thumb drive vs streaming?

Eddie

I use FLAC for lossless audio myself.

OK. Thanks. Testing the Radio/SiriusXM/Pandora/and the Ipod (when it connected) the ipod by far had the best sound quality with the ST sound system.

Ed

Go get an iPod from this generation, or if you have an iPhone just use that and CarPlay. Those would be your best bets...

I have and Android for personal phone. I do have a an older iPhone for work... I can try that too.

Thanks!

Eddie

Back