Ironic delivery.

Loganfilm

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Monica, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited 4WD
Ok. Finally took delivery two days ago. Here's the irony:

It's a black car. You can't even order a black Explorer anymore. Not available. Henry Ford's famous quote: "You can have any color you want, as long as it's black"... He's turning in his grave.

Not just for this, but all the add-ons (roof crossbars, etc) were in bulky cardboard boxes inside the vehicle! It's a shipping container! Henry Ford invented charcoal briquettes by recycling pallets. (google Kingsford - cool story) He's famous for having his suppliers create packaging that could be reused.

The most ironic part: my monthly payments are to Chrysler. After 9 Ford vehicles, all purchased or leased through Ford Motor Credit, I got a better interest rate (2.99) though Chrysler. Yes, to buy a Ford. I have an 830 Fico, so you'd think Ford would make an effort to keep it in-house. Nope.

At least it's finally here.

Back to the dealer tomorrow to get the computer reflashed, so myfordtouch will recognize it. Hoping this will iron out the very buggy software as well.

Good times.

The most ironic part: my monthly payments are to Chrysler. After 9 Ford vehicles, all purchased or leased through Ford Motor Credit, I got a better interest rate (2.99) though Chrysler. Yes, to buy a Ford. I have an 830 Fico, so you'd think Ford would make an effort to keep it in-house. Nope.

Chrysler? I thought Chrysler financial was replaced by GMAC who was then replaced by ALLY.

Back