• Register Today It's free!

Ironman headlight asmbly swap

djbriantwist

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Hey all, does anyone know the procedure for swapping to Ironman headlamps. I am thinking about doing this to my 06 limited and wanted to first know how complicated this really was. Also does anyone know the current rates on the parts?

Thanks!! Also if anyone has before/after pix of doing this to their X, please post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out member, rollinon16's, he has them on his Eddie Bauer.

Yeah those look good...I have a black limited and think that it would look so cool on it. Any idea how hard it is to install?

It was very easy..just two screws, pop the original headlights out like you were going to change the bulb, and swap the new ones in. It is a direct replacement. Did it in under 30 mins..

Don't forget the third bolt at the bottom. :)

Sounds easy...I will get on this soon and post some pix of the install.

Where can one Explorer owner purchase some Ironman headlamps? lol

Go to ebay they have em for like $200 with free shipping, If you don't like to use ebay the guy selling them has a posted number you can call him and order. I check a MILLION other places most oem ford parts sites have em for $175 EACH.....Ebay was the cheapest.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEAD...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Let me know if this helps, and like I said with the adrenaline rims post pics if and when you get them.... :chug:

The install for both should take like 10 mins, its retardedly (if thats a word, lol) easy

I been meanin to get me a pair, I'm currently installing some black aluminum nerf step bars....

Let me tell you this is my first truck and I went out and purchased a 06 Explorer Limited. I love the smooth and quite ride it offers. I just need to change a few things to get it to my taste. When I first got it from the dealer it was a one owner truck but it seems like the previous owner didn't care to get the transmission TSB update which I had done and a new serp belt. Other the that it has been great just trying to figure out what is the cause of a CEL of P1633 which I believe I found the issue this am thanks to another fellow college here on Explorations of a possible blown fuse #f24 by the battery fuse box which was blown when I checked it this morning. When I get out of work I will replace that fuse and hope this little check engine light goes away and I'm happy again.

I've got an 06XLT....gold exterior.....think the ironman headlights would look alright??

I've got an 06XLT....gold exterior.....think the ironman headlights would look alright??

I think it would look fine, I honestly don't think they'd look bad on any color ex, They look ESPECIALLY nice though if your going for the "Murdered out" look.

See ive got an 06 gold xlt.
chrome bull bar w/ off-road lights
flowmaster 40 (soon to be catback)
K&N

I just wish they would come out with some new trim for them, the exterior trim around the wheel wells and bumper is all gray plastic and its horrible looking.

But hopefully the ironman headlights will look nice

See ive got an 06 gold xlt.
chrome bull bar w/ off-road lights
flowmaster 40 (soon to be catback)
K&N

I just wish they would come out with some new trim for them, the exterior trim around the wheel wells and bumper is all gray plastic and its horrible looking.

But hopefully the ironman headlights will look nice

They should, you could get the iron man plastic trim its black and the fender flares are riveted, if your wanting to spend the $$$ its worth it. I have a white xlt with the gray plastic, I don't mind it so much.

Ya. Ive been trying to find the ironman trim, I cant find it anywhere...

Ya. Ive been trying to find the ironman trim, I cant find it anywhere...

I got you on that....

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...orer&year=2007&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Thats the direct link to the ironman fender flares aka "wheel opening molding" as they call it, look to the left you'll see is says "ironman pkg" on the menu, they have ALL ironman oem parts on this site.....as I said in a similar post on another thread I researched the living hell out this and know where to get almost any part. Hope this helps....

I just swaped my 07 ironman headlight and went digital with an HID kit and it took me like 10mins to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kind of a stupid question, but what are the steps for installing an HID kit and can an average joe do it?

Back