Is 5 inch lift on 94 explorer enough for 34's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is 5 inch lift on 94 explorer enough for 34's?

1st gen eddie

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie bower explorer
I finally have time to install a 3inch body lift and 2 inch suspension lift to Eddie. I am hopefull this will be enough for 34x10.5.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes you can make 34's fit with the 5" suspension with the correct aftermarket wheels (3.75" backspacing)
You MIGHT get a little rubbing off road or at full lock (turning) but rubbing is no big deal when stuffing large tires under our rigs.
All tires are different, so a 34" tires may actually be 32"-34" tall, so what works for one truck may not work same on another, just fyi
Most people who run 33, 34 or 35" tire run 12.5 wide on a 10" wide rim, just FYI

yes you can make 34's fit with the 5" suspension with the correct aftermarket wheels (3.75" backspacing)
You MIGHT get a little rubbing off road or at full lock (turning) but rubbing is no big deal when stuffing large tires under our rigs.
All tires are different, so a 34" tires may actually be 32"-34" tall, so what works for one truck may not work same on another, just fyi
Most people who run 33, 34 or 35" tire run 12.5 wide on a 10" wide rim, just FYI
Thanks for info. Actually have a 3 inch body lift installed. The 2 inch suspension lift will be here Fri. The tires are super swampers 34 x 10.5 on 15 inch rim 8 inch wide. I'm excited Eddie will look good. We can deal with slum rub.

Thanks for info. Actually have a 3 inch body lift installed. The 2 inch suspension lift will be here Fri. The tires are super swampers 34 x 10.5 on 15 inch rim 8 inch wide. I'm excited Eddie will look good. We can deal with slum rub.
I'll post pics with her shoes on. Meantime ill b finishing a.c. new motor tyranny rebuilt. On to the interior next after shoes are on. Ill diffently will have to pick a brain about motor in door and power mirrors. All in due time.

Just in case you haven’t seen this thread yet Solved - Lifts and Max tire sizes
If you have to trim, it would be minor and can be done to be pretty unnoticeable.

Just in case you haven’t seen this thread yet Solved - Lifts and Max tire sizes
If you have to trim, it would be minor and can be done to be pretty unnoticeable.
You called it. Iwas able to get Eddie's lift on last fri. when it came. Just a little trim to the front of the stock runningboard and she was good to go. I do have aftermarket metal tubestyle made to fit runningboards. Ijust really like the stock look and the little trim with sawsall is hardly noticeable. I have pics to post as soon as i figure how to post them.

Post a pic when you can.

Here's some pics of my explorer now and that's my son in one of them
20200328_170832.jpg
20200327_233223.jpg
20200328_170849.jpg

Looks great! What’s the tires, SSR’s?

Looks great! What’s the tires, SSR’s?
Thanks. They are 34's super swaps 10.5s. I believe the rims have an outset which really works on Eddie. Still have a ways to go with interior. Scared to check what recovering Eddie's leather lumbar seats will run.

Thanks. They are 34's super swaps 10.5s. I believe the rims have an outset which really works on Eddie. Still have a ways to go with interior. Scared to check what recovering Eddie's leather lumbar seats will run.
I would love to see your ranger. I have a 89 on 35sx12 5

Back