is it difficult to do a 3"BL on a 01 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is it difficult to do a 3"BL on a 01 sport

explrig91

Reaction score
City, State
pottsville, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt
i plan on tweeking the torrsion bars n was gonna get some shackles for the rear. how hard is it to put on a bodylift on one of these trucks?? and with two inches of lift from the torrsion and 3 from body wat size tires am i lookin at fittin comfortably

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will fit 33's.. and install shouldnt be too hard, because your truck isnt that old(stuck bolts, etc).

thanks for lettin me kno
aprreciate it

The body lift on my 01 sport went on extremely easy, the only thing was the body mount bols have thread locker so it makes it go much faster and easier if you heat up the bolts from underneath w/ a propain torch. As for tires im running 33x12.5x15's, there was a little run but was easily fixed with a dremel. The back and front bumpers had to be welded back on which i made custom mounts for since i used a ranger Body Lift.

Nice truck dirt demon. Hopefully mine will look like that soon. Did you regear?

In all honesty, there was no need to regear, the 3.73 gears handle the tires fine, however i probably will end up regearing just because of the slow accel. at high speeds. (Lord knows id like to pass that mini-van on the highway thats doing 45 in a 65)

LOL.. Also, why did you go with the 10" rim? Does it rub, and how bad? I would like to avoid any cutting, unless its INSIDE the fenderwell.

Well i went with the 10" rim just because im one of the few guys who doesnt like the buldge you get when you have 8" rims w/ 12.5" tires. After the Lift there was little rubbing up front. I had to trim about .5" off the front and back of the front wheel wells, only on the inside(Engine bay side) of them though. Nothing to cut on the exterior!

Back