Is it real, or counterfeit Motorcraft parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is it real, or counterfeit Motorcraft parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've bought some good quality Motorcraft parts on Ebay. You just have to be careful and do your research on the seller...

I remember seeing posters in Ford's parts department about counterfeit Ford & Motorcraft parts 30 years ago. Things like this don't change. A lot of products such as clothes, electronics, and even plumbing parts are made overseas, and are sold here under false names to make you think that you're buying a name brand product when it's really a cheap copy. The crooks have better machines now to make them look even more authentic.

This also applies to tools. I once had this experience on EBay with a counterfeit drill. The guy put a fake Hitachi label on a cheap drill & carry case. Somebody sent me an email as soon as the listing ended (back in the days before EBay concealed names & emails from everybody else) saying that Hitachi never made it. I contacted Hitachi, and gave them the information. They sent me a detailed email which I forwarded to EBay. Back then, EBay only gave you a maximum of $175 as a refund instead of a full refund. The seller denied printing the label, and said that he bought it from a store like this. The listing said that it was in perfect condition. The chipping mode was shot, and the metal carry case was badly dented. He claimed that it happened during shipping, and denied that he sold it in that condition. The old expression of something being too good to be true applies when you don't see what you're buying before you buy it.

With most things being made in places like China and Mexico, even OEM parts can be junk. Sadly, even buying something from a major auto parts store doesn't guarantee you won't be ripped off.

I always try to be careful when I order something on the Internet. I am looking for good seller properly

Back