Is it true my 91 will not be able to be aligned after 2' lift coil springs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is it true my 91 will not be able to be aligned after 2' lift coil springs

bipolarbob

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna,British Columbia,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
When I told my bro I was putting in the 2 inch skyjacker coils he told me he phoned around and that my truck would cost $4500 to get the alignment right.Now I know this is not possible, but how hard will it be to align.just a couple new shims,right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hes wrong you can align it with up to 2 " of lift it will cost around 140 to 200 dollars. more than 2" lift you will need drop brackets.

Do you have the 2" coils?

What did you do in the back?

aal i bought the whole kit from 4wheelparts.com for 186 dollars.

you mean 186 just for the aal or the springs too?

both, but if had to do it again which i will soon id go with a 4 inch suspension lift and be done the first time. it cost alot more but you will always want to go taller. what size tires do you want to run?

i already have a 3' body lift and am running 33 12.5 but they rub when in the bush.I think I am addicted to lift! I got 3 and I want More!

well i got 5 inches total and i rub. so i want to know how you did it with only 3 inches. how much did you trim? my wheel offset is 3 and 5/16 whats yours?

factory rims...only slight trimming.all I had to do was pin the inner fender in with a couple of screws and pound in the very bottom of the fenderwhere it sticks straight down.

Back