Is normal the temp gauge in EXP-94 XLT ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is normal the temp gauge in EXP-94 XLT ?

jm_vg

Reaction score
City, State
La Serena IV Región
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '94 XLT-2010XLT
Hi guys again !!....I have any question for you due to I have typical problem with my Temperature gauge.....in my dash just the gauge mark "c"....and move it a little bit.

1. Is normal that ?

2. I changed the coolant temp gauge sensor , located in the side left of Thermostate ( if you view from the front of engine ) . The problem continue. What other thing may be ?....the thermostate?....or radiator fan switch ?.....

3. The last year I had problem with my water pump ( I did leak coolant ) and then my engine was very very hot !!...and my temp gauge not INDICATED NOTHING !!!!........EVER INDICATED COLD.... That was very dangerous !!...affortunately the engine not suffered any damage.

Thank for you help ! and sorry for my english !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok.....I have some questions for you because I have the typical problem with my temperature indicator...When the engine is to normal temperature, the temp indicator just marks cold and needle practically move too little.

1. Is that normal?

2. I changed the coolant temp gauge sensor located at the thermostat's left-hand sector ( if you have a front view of the motor ) . The problem continues . What else perhaps?.... The thermostat? or other sensor ?

3. Last year I had a problem with my water pump ( the pump began to filter and to lose the coolant ) and, therefore, the engine began to over heat. Nothing did not indicate the temperature indicator! just only indicated cold. That was very dangerous!...The motor fortunately did not suffer a damage.

Bad temperature sensor?

Perhaps, but, Which is the difference between the sensor of temperature and the coolant temp gauge sensor ? It's the same ?..or different ?....Where is located sensor of temperature ??

One of those sensors sends the signal to the gauge, while once sends a signal to the computer. If that one didn't work try the other. They are right next to each other on the intake manifold. If that doesn't do it, your gauge could be bad.

temp

The temp for the guage, I think, is the one to the left of the water neck. THe one for the computer is toward the right, under the air intake.

Sounds to me like a stuck thermostat. Also check the wiring harness for any exposed wires that could ground the signal.

Why the thermostat?

smtcapecod...Why do you believe that it is the thermostat?. In any case, tomorrow I will change the sensor of temperature and the thermostat.

Normally if a sending unit is grounding, the gauge will peg all the way to hot. I'd start by changing the Tstat.

OK.....! I will do that!

!! Success !!

:exp: !! Success!! I have changed the sensor of temperature and thermostat and the gauge of temperature has fixed up completely, indicates the correct temperature.!! Thanks to all for yours recommendations !!!! :)

Back