Is the ‘19 Sport 3.5TT a 1st or 2nd gen. engine? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is the ‘19 Sport 3.5TT a 1st or 2nd gen. engine?

SHOOT1SAM

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
I have searched high & low on this & other forums, as well as Google, Bing & Wikipedia trying to determine whether the 2019 Explorer Sport has the 1st or 2nd generation EcoBoost engine...I am unable to find an answer. If anyone knows, and hopefully can site a source, I would very much appreciate it.

Sam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is an entire Wikipedia page on the 'Ford ecoboost engine' that details the 1st and 2nd gen differences and vehicle applications.

A simple Google search brought up most of the press info from early to mid 2016 when the 2nd gen 3.5eb was announced, as well as a host of other leads.

We live in glorious times where all kinds of info is available at our fingertips in milliseconds, literally...

There is an entire Wikipedia page on the 'Ford ecoboost engine' that details the 1st and 2nd gen differences and vehicle applications.

A simple Google search brought up most of the press info from early to mid 2016 when the 2nd gen 3.5eb was announced, as well as a host of other leads...

I quite understand Search engines, in fact, in my OP I stated such. I also understand the differences between the 1st & 2nd gen. EcoBoosts, i.e., my 2018 F-150 has the 2nd gen. I also read that entire Wikipedia page, from 1L Fox on up.

What I did NOT find in any of my searches is anything that definitively states whether the Explorer was/was not updated to the 2nd gen. in 2017 as the F-150's were; it was not quite clear enough for me in that lengthy page. My apologies for coming to the forum and asking for a little bit of help

I quite understand Search engines, in fact, in my OP I stated such. I also understand the differences between the 1st & 2nd gen. EcoBoosts, i.e., my 2018 F-150 has the 2nd gen. I also read that entire Wikipedia page, from 1L Fox on up.

What I did NOT find in any of my searches is anything that definitively states whether the Explorer was/was not updated to the 2nd gen. in 2017 as the F-150's were; it was not quite clear enough for me in that lengthy page. My apologies for coming to the forum and asking for a little bit of help

I think I figured it out. You read from 1L Fox on up when you should have read from 1L Fox on down...
NFubquS.jpg

EoP216z.jpg

rsHEUIM.jpg

Wow! You’re right! Why, if everyone could just do a search and decipher all the info, we wouldn’t need to use any bandwidth at all, for forums that are supposed to be helpful to one another. Very cagey of you.

Wow! You’re right! Why, if everyone could just do a search and decipher all the info, we wouldn’t need to use any bandwidth at all, for forums that are supposed to be helpful to one another. Very cagey of you.
I'm not sure what you are getting at, but that Wikipedia page is in plain English. It clearly shows all 2013-19 explorer sports under the application list for the 1st entry. The second entry says second generation and has no explorers listed in the application list. There is nothing to "decipher".

Did you even go to and read the Wikipedia page like you said you did?

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but that Wikipedia page is in plain English. It clearly shows all 2013-19 explorer sports under the application list for the 1st entry. The second entry says second generation and has no explorers listed in the application list. There is nothing to "decipher".

Did you even go to and read the Wikipedia page like you said you did?

I did indeed read the wikipedia page; so sorry that it didn't register with me that the answer to my question was so very clearly spelled out; I guess after reading from the 1L Fox on up (numerically speaking)...stuff just began to blur.

I guess I'm just an idiot; thank goodness there're people like you who can't help but assume that anyone asking a question that may have been answered somewhere on the internet, simply didn't attempt searching first. Also glad you're here to scold me for not properly understanding something that I'm obviously to f'n stoopid to have understood in the 1st place.

I certainly do appreciate all of the time and effort you put in to cutting & pasting and editing/highlighting for an imbecile like me; hope that in doing all of that you didn't miss an opportunity to demean another member who may have asked for help. No need to reply further-I'm finished with you.

A simple Google search brought up most of the press info from early to mid 2016 when the 2nd gen 3.5eb was announced, as well as a host of other leads.

We live in glorious times where all kinds of info is available at our fingertips in milliseconds, literally...

While I understand the frustration that some see as simple questions your diskish reply could have been worded better....

Let's stay on track here. No need for all these latest posts.

Peter

While I understand the frustration that some see as simple questions your diskish reply could have been worded better....
I want to speak to the manager. Way too much 'diskish" behavior around here. I'll remember to word my replies better from now on.

FYI, my reply about reading down vs up, was meant to be humorous. Dry perhaps, but humorous nonetheless. If you thought it was bad, I guess it's a good thing I didn't tell you what I really think, huh?

Anyway, the weekend is almost here, so plenty of time for some of you folks to have a drink/smoke/whatever and unwind (your panties, because they are really tightly bunched...). ;-)

Back