• Register Today It's free!

Is The Logjam Clearing?

Gandalf

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I am starting to see more and more folks on this board report that their Explorers have been delivered and are ready for pickup. Congratulations to those folks! It seemed for the longest time that all we heard was "missed my ETA', and "has been Awaiting Shipment forever!", and "it's back in factory hold!".

I know a lot of other people are still waiting, but could it be that we can start hoping that Ford has finally got the delivery hurdles cleared and the Explorers will start showing up in greater numbers? Or am I just indulging in wishful thinking?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know about that, all I keep hearing from customer service is "awaiting shipment" with an ETA that was several days ago and no new information. I don't understand why some are shipping and some aren't even when they were built around the same time, it's very frustrating to say the least. :(

I don't know about that, all I keep hearing from customer service is "awaiting shipment" with an ETA that was several days ago and no new information. I don't understand why some are shipping and some aren't even when they were built around the same time, it's very frustrating to say the least. :(
Certainly, the backlog is far from being cleared, and I know the wait is frustrating for those in that boat. I ordered 3/18 and have not (as yet) received my VIN. Furthermore, I ordered the Red Candy, so I have to worry about the paint pigment issue.

However, I do notice people in recent posts are saying they got theirs and I am think these types of posts are starting to happen more frequently. In another thread, someone said there were 7000 Explorers waiting to be shipped. My theory is that they were built in the time frame where the MFT and other issues were really starting to come out, and Ford had to hold them to fix it. But with so many, it just takes them a long time to work through such a large backlog of vehicles needing retrofit or whatever the heck they are doing to them. I hope they are getting through those while the ones coming off the line have all the fixes in place. Just speculation on my part.

I hope you receive your Explorer soon!

Hey,

I have sent you both emails this morning/afternoon. Please review. Expecting better news next week! Thank you for your continued patience!

~Seni

I don't know if the logjam is clearing. I just found out my 4/4 build date is now 4/18. I have heard that there are some power window and exhaust parts that they are having trouble getting...

No clearing for me either. Ordered 1/24, built 3/16, still awaiting shipment with an ETA of 3/26. Cust Service has no new info, they say to call the dealer. Dealer says they don't have any info, they are waiting on Ford to ship the vehicle from the plant and don't have control over when that happens. I'm going on 2 weeks without a vehicle, so if it doesn't get here next week I'm going to have to get something else, which sucks because as much as I love the Explorer and want it, I need something to ride and the fact that no one at Ford can give me any idea of what's going on is starting to get old.

I spoke to my dealer last night and he indicated that they just received a shipment of 4 this week that had an average order - delivery time of 6 weeks. He quoted me 10 weeks so he could "look like a hero if it came in 8". I'd be giddy if it ends up being only 6.

We're in the suburbs of Chicago, so I'm guessing that helps a bit.

Hey,

I have sent you both emails this morning/afternoon. Please review. Expecting better news next week! Thank you for your continued patience!

~Seni
Got the PM. Thanks Seni! Will check back again next week, same time, same channel. :)

No clearing for me either. Ordered 1/24, built 3/16, still awaiting shipment with an ETA of 3/26. Cust Service has no new info, they say to call the dealer. Dealer says they don't have any info, they are waiting on Ford to ship the vehicle from the plant and don't have control over when that happens. I'm going on 2 weeks without a vehicle, so if it doesn't get here next week I'm going to have to get something else, which sucks because as much as I love the Explorer and want it, I need something to ride and the fact that no one at Ford can give me any idea of what's going on is starting to get old.

Hey jpp5862,

I apologize that there isn't any more info I can provide you with. I did check your order status this week and nothing has changed. Please know that we are doing what we can to respond to a rail car shortage. We are using all means necessary to expedite shipment of these vehicles, including bringing in transport trucks in the interim. I hope this means that there will be some logjam clearing very soon. Please let me know if there is any more that I can do for you.

Seni

I have two weks off... I'll drive a truck with my explorer on it...

:)

blakebristol (from facebook)

Hi Seni :salute:

Still waiting too. Frustrating to see cars built after mine, or worse, cars JUST built, arriving to their new homes. I can wait, I just need someone to tell me how long I'm going to have to wait. Sadly, not one single person at Ford can do that.

Still waiting too. Frustrating to see cars built after mine, or worse, cars JUST built, arriving to their new homes. I can wait, I just need someone to tell me how long I'm going to have to wait. Sadly, not one single person at Ford can do that.

That is the most frustrating part, no one at Ford can tell you anything about when it might arrive. It might ship tomorrow, it might ship mid-May, who knows.

And thanks to Seni for all the prompt updates, you've been about the only person in this whole experience that has been pleasant to deal with.

I've been complaining a lot but I do need to take a minute to thank Seni as well. She's always prompt in replying to my emails, even when she has no news to report. Also, some guy named Mark Johnson who has our case #. He calls every day, still no ETA but at least he's trying. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for those in Ford Customer Service. How are they expected to do their job at all when they aren't given the information they need?

Anyway, they've both been very pleasant and I'm very grateful to have both of them answering my endless questions!

I have two weks off... I'll drive a truck with my explorer on it...

:)

blakebristol (from facebook)

Hi Seni :salute:

LOL Blake ..your user id always reminds me of Bilbo Baggins...I have no idea why!

The GM of my dealer contacted Ford today and was told a few things.. The Backlog was about 7,500 explorers and they have been able to clear out about 5,000 of them. They are expecting to have the rest shipped out and arrive within the next 2-2 1/2 weeks to dealers.

Take it for what it's worth.. I know it's hearsay but I went into my dealer to cancel my order and they asked me to give them till the afternoon while they call Ford to find out. This is what they came back with.. They could have said it'll ship any day now but they seemed to be upfront about it and said another 2 1/2 weeks.

Someone at Ford knows something. I ship cotton from Texas to China in less time that it has taken for Ford to ship my vehicle. We can even tell you what farmer grew that particular cotton and where it is in the shipment process. This is crap that we can't get any answers from a multi billion dollar company. I have been a dodge man all my life and I'm starting to second guess my decision of buying a Ford. Seni, I will have my VIN number in the morning and I will be in contact with you as to what kind of answers you can give me. It's been 7 weeks and I was told that it hadn't been built yet. Maybe Ford should rethink making the Ford Explorer at only one plant.

LOL Blake ..your user id always reminds me of Bilbo Baggins...I have no idea why!

It could be the BBAG part....

it is for Blake Bristol living in Arroyo Grande graduating high school in 88

I don't know if the logjam is clearing. I just found out my 4/4 build date is now 4/18. I have heard that there are some power window and exhaust parts that they are having trouble getting...

Mine was also 4/4 and has been pushed back to 4/18. did you order ingot silver??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine was also built on 3/16 and awaiting shipment. Since I live in Omaha, Nebraska, I wish I could just drive out there and pick it up. Just about an 8-9 hour drive.

My family and I have started a pool at home to see who's right on when it will be delivered. My guess is 4/25, so any time between 4/21 and 4/25 and I win the bet!

I was really excited about getting an Explorer as I've never had one that was my personal vehicle. This really takes the fun and excitement out of it. We have been a 100% Ford family since 1996, so I'm really hoping the wait is worth it! I know the blizzard in Chicago really caused a lot of problems, as well as the quality issues. As I work for a railroad - no, not the one that ships the finished Explorers - I'm trying to be more understanding.

We'll see - as long as I win the bet. Or if it comes in earlier than that, I won't mind not winning the bet!

Here's hoping!

Back