Is The Logjam Clearing? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is The Logjam Clearing?

Hello all, new to the forum, so Good morning and hello from the Philadelphia Suburbs.

I ordered my Ex around 3/17. I know the dates are crazy, but I was wondering how everyone receives their VIN? Should I expect this from the dealer or is it available somewhere else? Thanks for any info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all, new to the forum, so Good morning and hello from the Philadelphia Suburbs.

I ordered my Ex around 3/17. I know the dates are crazy, but I was wondering how everyone receives their VIN? Should I expect this from the dealer or is it available somewhere else? Thanks for any info.
Get the dealer code and order number from your dealer, then you can send that info via PM to Seni (FordCustSrvc) and she should be able to give you the info that's available in Ford's system about your order. For the first 3-4 weeks, she won't be able to tell you much other than the order has been processed. After that time she will be able to tell you your VIN as soon as you get one from Ford. After that, she'll be able to tell you when your Ex goes into production.

Hi Blake!

That is the most frustrating part, no one at Ford can tell you anything about when it might arrive. It might ship tomorrow, it might ship mid-May, who knows.

And thanks to Seni for all the prompt updates, you've been about the only person in this whole experience that has been pleasant to deal with.

I've been complaining a lot but I do need to take a minute to thank Seni as well. She's always prompt in replying to my emails, even when she has no news to report. Also, some guy named Mark Johnson who has our case #. He calls every day, still no ETA but at least he's trying. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for those in Ford Customer Service. How are they expected to do their job at all when they aren't given the information they need?

Anyway, they've both been very pleasant and I'm very grateful to have both of them answering my endless questions!

jpp5862 & IslandFamily,

Thanks for the nice comments. I hope to bring good news to you both very soon. I know and can certainly see that this has been a very frustrating experience for both of you, as well as many others. Thank you for continuing to wait patiently (you are trying and I sense it) for what seems unending. Again, I want to encourage you that I am seeing vehicles getting picked up by truck companies as Ford attempts to remedy the rail cart shortage. Please stay in contact with me and I will do the best I can to provide timely updates.

~Seni

Seni, why is it taking some 2 weeks to get a VIN and others 7? Shouldn't there be some kind of order to this chaos or is it because of the different options and things like that?

Drumguru1...allocation, allocation, allocation..and other randomness.
Your dealers allocation allotment and where he places you within his own ordering system
has a large effect on when things happen for your vehicle.

Seni, why is it taking some 2 weeks to get a VIN and others 7? Shouldn't there be some kind of order to this chaos or is it because of the different options and things like that?

drumguru1 and others with similar questions,

I can certainly understand that this whole process can be confusing. It seems so very simple from the outside, but is astonishingly complex from the inside. We have to mix all the orders up to ensure that ...we get a fair mix. Even if you are the very first person to order a vehicle they are all put in to a hopper and then pulled out in a random order. These are then mixed with all the other types of orders we have (fleet, dealers stock, employee etc.) and scheduled as such. The other thing that can slow things down is if an order is unusual in terms of the combination - that can also slow the vehicle down in the early stages.

Once again, none of this does anything to cheer you up and I am very sorry for the situation. The good news is that Ford is using all means necessary to expedite shipment of the awaiting shipment vehicles, including bringing in transport trucks in the interim.

~Seni

thunderstruck,

I see that you have figured out how to email me this morning, thanks to my friend Gandalf. I will be reviewing order status emails this afternoon through tomorrow morning and hope to get to yours within that time. Looking forward to assisting you in the waiting journey! :)

~Seni

drumguru1 and others with similar questions,

I can certainly understand that this whole process can be confusing. It seems so very simple from the outside, but is astonishingly complex from the inside. We have to mix all the orders up to ensure that ...we get a fair mix. Even if you are the very first person to order a vehicle they are all put in to a hopper and then pulled out in a random order. These are then mixed with all the other types of orders we have (fleet, dealers stock, employee etc.) and scheduled as such. The other thing that can slow things down is if an order is unusual in terms of the combination - that can also slow the vehicle down in the early stages.

Once again, none of this does anything to cheer you up and I am very sorry for the situation. The good news is that Ford is using all means necessary to expedite shipment of the awaiting shipment vehicles, including bringing in transport trucks in the interim.

~Seni

I can understand how vehicles ordered through various channels can be assembled during different times in a week to get a 'fair mix'. I would be interested in hearing more more about the delivery process once vehicles have already been built. Like others here, my X was built in Feb and has been in 'awaiting shipment' limbo for weeks. I'm curious why vehicles built a month after mine & shipping to similar areas of the country are being delivered? On the positive side, I'm happy to see the backlog starting to break with some people finally getting to enjoy their new X.

I can understand how vehicles ordered through various channels can be assembled during different times in a week to get a 'fair mix'. I would be interested in hearing more more about the delivery process once vehicles have already been built. Like others here, my X was built in Feb and has been in 'awaiting shipment' limbo for weeks. I'm curious why vehicles built a month after mine & shipping to similar areas of the country are being delivered? On the positive side, I'm happy to see the backlog starting to break with some people finally getting to enjoy their new X.

I am also interested why later build dates are shipping before vehicles made in Feb and March.

Makes me think it is not a shipping issue, but, a problem with the vehicles that have been built.

Back