Is There a Glue That Works on Door Panels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is There a Glue That Works on Door Panels?

massacre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘94 Explorer
‘19 Nautilus
Hello,

I have a door panel that is driving me nuts and it’s broken at the top where the switch panel sits. A new handle will not fix it. Only a new panel will.

I have done a ton of work already as the handle came off in my hand a few years ago.
If I can just glue that break I think i’ll be ok.
Any type of epoxy or glue that will work? The plastic on these is brittle and I know that can change the plastic somewhat as far as adhesion.
Thanks for any help, did a search but it was mostly for replacement panels or handles but nothing about glueing maybe they can’t be successfully glued?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for that recommendation. I will try it out

Let us know if it works out for you:thumbsup:

I've had great results using this stuff. Very strong if you can build up the area.

I used it to repair come cracked smoked headlight covers. I built it up slightly on both sides of the crack. Repaired areas never re-cracked.

51lwYWksIlL.jpg

Ditto, and all parts stores have plastic epoxy products to use or get more.

Where are you located, what about a new panel? I have a set of my old 93 Limited panels, grey with the memory seat switch on the LF.

That’s a generous offer, but i don’t have power seats. Would be better for someone who does. Other than this the panels are in really good shape so i thought i would try to repair them. The switch bezel is broken as well, which doesn’t help but it makes tons of noise going over bumps etc so i will raid my parts explorer and grab that when i grab my defroster switch for the heated mirrors.
Panels are wrong color on parts truck of course lmao

I put 2nd gen panels in my 92 and my 94, pretty happy with them and they were cheap (free).

Back