Is there a way to turn down the volume for the navigation prompts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a way to turn down the volume for the navigation prompts?

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD
It seems a bit too loud and I cannot find a way to turn down the volume level!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It seems a bit too loud and I cannot find a way to turn down the volume level!
Are you referring to 'The Voice'? Does the Voice Volume Control not affect the navigation prompts?

Peter

Yes the voice prompts. Even when you turn the stereo volume down the voice is so loud it scares me sometimes! Where is the Voice Volume Control located. I could not find it in the book or any of the menus on the MFT.

OK well I found a listing for the increase and decrease under the "Voice commands" menu....but is this available on the touchscreen menus?

I believe it is the setting menu on mft screen

when using navigation by voice just turn the volume down, that will control the Navigation voice volume.

I tried that and it had no effect....if you were referring to the volume know on the panel.

Have you tried lowering volume when the lady is speaking?

OK well I found a listing for the increase and decrease under the "Voice commands" menu....but is this available on the touchscreen menus?
It is on the MFT screen. Select Settings (gears), then Settings/ Voice Control/Voice Control Volume. That is what I show on the MFT screen in my Lincoln so I assume the Explorer is the same.

Peter

I found it...It is different than the Lincoln...it was under "System/System prompts"!

Hi Dr Plastic,

You are correct. System Prompts is the right setting to lower the volume, but like Lewisra and albertschmitz said, you can also turn it down using the volume knob while the prompt is being spoken. Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

Back