Is there a way to view the Review Camera ………… | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a way to view the Review Camera …………

Saundman

Reaction score
City, State
Converse, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Exploxer LTD Tuxedo
Without putting the vehicle in reverse?

Need to get my 007 on and see what is behind me. :D

While driving, at a stop light or parked. Also, need to zoom in and out with toggle switch.

Especially at the beach. :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My parents FX35 has a camera button to turn on the cameras when under 5mph.

Without putting the vehicle in reverse?

Need to get my 007 on and see what is behind me. :D

While driving, at a stop light or parked. Also, need to zoom in and out with toggle switch.

Especially at the beach. :chug:

if you turn on the delay option for the camera then at a stop light you can hit reverse, then back to drive and the camera will stay on until you hit 5mph.. I use this in drive-thru's all the time so I can watch the guy behind me =P

if you turn on the delay option for the camera then at a stop light you can hit reverse, then back to drive and the camera will stay on until you hit 5mph.. I use this in drive-thru's all the time so I can watch the guy behind me =P
I got to try this out!, hahaha!:D

This is great! Not having any front park distance sensors has been an annoyance when pulling into my garage- I usually put it in reverse to see if I am going to clear the door. Now I can get it with just one use of reverse. Thanks!

Now for someone to figure out the wiring and a way to manually activate it.... I know folks have done that on some other vehicles but have no idea if it is even possible with the Ex. I would love to have the "Telephone" button on the steering wheel activate the camera- that would be more useful to me than the current function. Or have the "Sound" function on the Sony system control the camera as I may never actually use that function from that location.

I agree Randy, a camera button

I was showing off the auto parallel parking a couple of days ago and the camera came on as expected ... and stayed on, for the next few miles of driving, until I stopped, put the car in park and switched off the engine.

Switched back on again and the camera was back to normal.

*shrug*

i had that happen to me before....i reversed out of the garage, and even when i was down the street the rear view camera was still on....it was frustrating because i couldn't use a/c or radio controls...so i pulled over into the gas station and threw it in park then back into drive....camera was gone.....

This doesn't work for me. as soon as I leave reverse the camera shuts off.

Me too

Back