Is there supposed to be something that covers the wires behind the front seats? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there supposed to be something that covers the wires behind the front seats?

MuscleJunkie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Ford Explorer LTD AWD
On the 2000 Limited models - is there supposed to be something that covers the wires bundles under the driver and passenger front seats where the rear passengers would place their feet when sitting in back?

I noticed on mine there is nothing covering the wire bundles and haven't seen any photos that show any sort of cover of flap that comes down from the front seat bottom to cover this.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not that I have ever seen. My experience however is that the wires are routed so they are normally out of sight out of mind. Maybe they are not routed correctly?

Not that I have ever seen. My experience however is that the wires are routed so they are normally out of sight out of mind. Maybe they are not routed correctly?

Mine can be seen slightly at the middle bottom of the back of the driver's seat. Looking at several other pics of limiteds on the net - seems to be similar. Maybe has to do with the seat being further back??

Could have swore I saw another pic awhile back of a soft flap that came down and covered it.

My Eddie Bauer:
P1080399.png

My Eddie Bauer:
P1080399.png

Thanks for the pic. Glad to know I am not the only one. I think that maybe other years or something at one time had a flap that hung down??

A flap would prevent the tip of the feet to go under. As it is now, only the middle is occupied, feet can still get in there on sides.
I agree thou, it looks stupid.

Back