Is This A Decent Upgrade To MACH System On 98 EB? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is This A Decent Upgrade To MACH System On 98 EB?

lightningrodbob

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer V8
I'm looking to upgrade with a whole new set of speakers, a new HU and a new sub (mine is blown out)

Speakers: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSA6874/Pioneer-TS-A6874R.html?tp=105&tab=features_and_specs

Sub: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_236FEX10TN/MTX-ThunderForms.html?tp=113 (this is the only one that fits in the stock sub enclosure)

Head Unit: http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Double-DI...TF8&coliid=I1KP70PWZ6OKMF&colid=3ST399N5AC01N (This will require trimming the bezel I think)

Does this seem like a decent system upgrade for somebody on a budget?

I don't know a whole lot about car audio, I've just been using Crutchfield to find stuff that fits so I don't have to do a whole lot of modification

Also, anybody know what kind of amp I would need to run this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you looking to keep the factory amps??? if not i got a couple suggestions that you could take a look at and be more than happy with for around the same price as everything your looking at total...i have done a good many installs from the basics to insane glassed almost everything vehicles. What kinda music do you listen to?

you cant get a better sub and box for the amount of money your spending on that sub you have there

Really? Everyone has told me that the Thunderform is the only one that will fit in the housing of the stock sub without needing to make any mods.

are you looking to keep the factory amps??? if not i got a couple suggestions that you could take a look at and be more than happy with for around the same price as everything your looking at total...i have done a good many installs from the basics to insane glassed almost everything vehicles. What kinda music do you listen to?

No I was thinking I would need to upgrade the amp as well, I don't really know what I'm looking for though.

I listen to mostly hip-hop, soul, classic rock

the thunderform is one and so is the jl audio stealth enclosure there maybe others but unless its a must for you to mount the sub there i would go with a decent preloaded box...look at a rockford p3 pre loaded and a punch 400 watt amp...you can get real nice and i mean real nice sounding sq 5x7( if ya want to go with coax's) rainbow audio speakers on amazon for 159/pair but make sure ya stick with a good amp to go with em(jbl,rockford,alpine etc)

I have the pioneer speakers in the front doors on my ex, that with my pioneer HU, crunch amp and 2 12s it sounds nice. I just have to go get some more for my rear doors.

I have the pioneer speakers in the front doors on my ex, that with my pioneer HU, crunch amp and 2 12s it sounds nice. I just have to go get some more for my rear doors.

i personally think they sound muddy..but thats just me

Back