Is this a forum glitch? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Is this a forum glitch?

allmyEXes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
@Rick I have received this message 2 or 3 times today..

"You have reached the maximum number of new posts allowed to be created in a 24 hour period."
ADDED: It did it to me again when i tried to comment to my thread. I guess that means it's time to turn in...

Added at 6:45 Saturday a.m. and received the same message again...
I've never had this message before.
I have been considering upgrading to Elite status again. It is inexpensive. I have gained an invaluable amount of knowledge and would be a good gesture towards @Rick and the other people, if there is, that help keep Explorer Forum going.
Sometimes I will edit/add something to a post in one of my original threads to keep from cluttering a thread and using more storage space/bits/bytes etc.
Forum participation also has made me a better speller. I didn't know gesture was spelled with a "g". My Mother who majored in Music Education with a minor degree in English would be proud that I spell so well.
I'm not putting anyone down here however I notice quite a few misspellings on the internet from educated people. The only word that I can think of this early morning at 6:38 central time before coffee is brakes. I have seen many people spell it breaks. Maybe their car does have breaks. Or ant instead of aunt. Maybe they do have an ant for an aunt.
I will edit and add to this post page as I get caffeine up. By the way, ad is short for advertising. Did anyone catch the word that I mispelled on purpose?

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
I've never seen this message.

Fix4Dirt

Get a Load O' This Guy!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4x4
i think its an elite vs not elite thing. i know if youre not elite you can only send so many messages in a PM thread in a day. not sure if that applies to this. elite though that doesnt happen LOL

DemonMudder

Muddin' Till Death
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 C1500 Extended Cab
Neither had I? Though I don't post as much as I used to

DemonMudder

Muddin' Till Death
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 C1500 Extended Cab
i think its an elite vs not elite thing. i know if youre not elite you can only send so many messages in a PM thread in a day. not sure if that applies to this. elite though that doesnt happen LOL
That maybe it? Didn't actually know about that bit being a thing

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
Might take Rick 24 hours to reply...

DintDobbs

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport 4x4
@allmyEXes I encountered that after beginning a lengthy conversation a few days ago, and as @Fix4Dirt said, it does indeed seem to be a restriction applied to non-Elite members, not a glitch.

I'd consider going Elite if you run into that problem more than once in a month - at that point, it's more than worth it. Otherwise, just consider your responses carefully and write walls of text at a time, like I do! :p

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Never heard of this happening before. I will look into it.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Ok I figured it out. It is something that the Elite members would not be subjected to. This was put in place to keep spammers from posting dozens, or even hundreds of posts/threads overnight. I upped the trigger numbers high enough so "normal" users shouldn't trip it.

allmyEXes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
Thanks Rick. All you SPAMMERS quit spamming!.

Fix4Dirt

Get a Load O' This Guy!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4x4

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
Since the software was upgraded a while ago with a lot of anti spam add ons, I don't see as much spam as we once had. Sometimes regular posts get marked as possible spam for moderation because the software suspects spam. This might happen a few times a week with a few posts but it's very minimal considering the amount of posts in an average day..