is this a good tranny for the explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is this a good tranny for the explorer?

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
ok so here it is, my boss has a 2000 XLT beautiful truck! runs great and there are no signs of tranny issues, it has the 4.0, i am not sure wether it is the sohc or ohv, but the reason im here is he is selling it, and wat better way to get another explorer than to buy a 2000, my question is, are the trannys week in these explorers, i think it has either the 4r44e or the 5r55e im not to sure, but i was doing some gooling and found a tTON of complaints, all the same thing as eachother, they would either start slippin from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd and there od off button would flicker on and off!
so i jsut want to know if im getting myself into truble if i were to get this explorer or not! thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

by upgraded u mean like, stronger valve body, n such, basicly the a4ld week points are now a bit stronger?

r u hard on ur tranny, like 4x4ing on it n such

Some people have good luck with them, some dont. Im on 165k on my original tranny.

Back