• Register Today It's free!

is this a stupid idea?

frat guy

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT, '02 Audi A4
So I rear ended a car and bent my homemade brackets. I had to take the bumper off to drive around and i really like the look it has now. What do you guys think about me welding a bull bar or even a Westin light bar to where the frame is to try and get a wannabe Rick look? If you look at the pics Rick has you may get a better picture of what I am talking about. I have about a 4 in body lift now, and so I just have those two ends of the frame sticking out now, illegal I think, and the bottom of the radiator. So what do you all think? It would pretty much be a bumper and i would still have the look it has right now with no bumper and cover up the ends of the frame. Do you think it would look funny?............bad idea?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check CA state laws first!

I think that the westin bar will look horrible, a bull bar will look good (like and ARB bumper).

yes. bad idea. put the bumper back on. Focus on school.

Doesnt a 97 have air bags? That might be a big problem dude. Also Rick has more then just a tube welded to his frame horns, his bumper/winch mount has structural integrity and function incorporated into the design.

dont go welding on a piece of pipe on there only to find that when you bump into that tree your airbags go off.....

Originally posted by Hokie
4" Body lift? :eek:

oh yea, i forgot to add that to my post...how in gods name did you get a 4 inch BL.

Just do some painting if ya get the other bumper! trust me it looks sweet when ya paint the underside of the X, especially with a lift, which i dont have ..... yet.

fb1dd982.jpg

Back