• Register Today It's free!

is this audiobahn sub real?

psychotic

Reaction score
City, State
Olathe, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
RIP: '02 V8 Limited 4WD
Just got my audio stuff today. The amp and 2 8" subs look NICE. The 15" arrived a day later, and it doesn't look as good as I imagined. Heavy as a ***** though.

I almost think it might be fake....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fake1.jpg

See the globs of glue holding the cone to the voice coil...

fake2.jpg

fake3.jpg

if you can post these pics for me, email me please

I can see the first pic and the third pic. Something doesn't seem right, was it supposed to be used? Looks like someone used it, possibly broke it, fixed it and sold it.

fake4.jpg

Here you can see many of the dings... and the chrome ring around the speaker that says audiobahn, can just pop off. My other 8" subs, and other audiobahn speakers are not like this...

I would send that one back for the dents alone. I wouldn't even bother with the seller again, just demand your money back and go elsewhere.

you can take that crome ring off, but i dont think it should just pop off

What happened is... i got someone elses send back, there is even a warenty number on the box that was scribbled out. They cut out the other UPS sticker, and i can tell. So I'm just going to tell them that when audio bahn sent their speaker back, they only repaired the voice coil, and it isn't a new sub. I'll just ask for a new sub, and if it doesn't go well i'll just demand my money back.

Thats why I and a lot of other users here ALWAYS buy from an authorized dealer (www.thezeb.com is one of the best) There are better deals out there than eBay...especailly for stereo equipment...

I know i know, a lot of times buy through an authorized dealer. And you DOO go through more hassles buying through these wholesale type sellers. BUT the money saved is worth it in my opinion.

Win some, lose some with wholesellers.

The zeb does price matches...

In my opinion, the little extra money it cost to go through an authorized dealer is definatly worth it, knowing that you get the full factory instant replacement warranty, and not having to deal with ebay sellers...In my personal experiance, it actually costed me more in the long run buying audiobahn off ebay than if I would have just bought through a dealer...But to each there own ;)

Oh and theres a bunch of fake audiobahn stuff on ebay, so bid carefully!

The zeb would match other online prices??

no they won't match an unauthorized retailers price. i can get pretty close however with unauthorized merchandise and you could return it to me...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back