Is this bumper OEM? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Is this bumper OEM?

ruff94

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
My wife hit a deer with our X. I was looking at replacing the dented front bumper. I was calling around to the local salvage yards and one sent me this picture of the one they have. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen these bumper pushers before? I don't believe I have ever seen them before. I don't know if I like them either. They want $30 bucks for the complete bumper. Are these Pushers OEM? Are they removable? Will there be holes in the bumper where they mounted or are they clamped on?

IMG952016071595105020843_zpssnmysvgb.jpg

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

natenkiki2004

Blue Bomb!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 & 1994 Explorers
Obviously the bumper itself is OEM but I've never seen those pushers before. They're kinda cool, I'd pick them up just to rescue them from the junkyard. To see if they're OEM or not, take a close look at the plastic around where the pusher attaches. See if it's jaggedly cut, then you'd know it was an aftermarket mod for sure.

*EDIT*
Also, that looks like a Ranger, not an Explorer. Same thing only different. You can tell by the grill.

<

trashtruck

Reaction score
City, State
capital district, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 explorer xlt 4x4
for that price I'd grab it. pretty sure pushers weren't stock on the "x"

<

Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4
You used to be able to buy those pusher things in catalogs like JC Whitney. I'm not sure how they're mounted.

<

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
They usually mount to the stock bumper holes with longer bolts... I'm sure you can remove them & use your stock hardware.

<