Is this bumper OEM? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is this bumper OEM?

ruff94

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
My wife hit a deer with our X. I was looking at replacing the dented front bumper. I was calling around to the local salvage yards and one sent me this picture of the one they have. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen these bumper pushers before? I don't believe I have ever seen them before. I don't know if I like them either. They want $30 bucks for the complete bumper. Are these Pushers OEM? Are they removable? Will there be holes in the bumper where they mounted or are they clamped on?

IMG952016071595105020843_zpssnmysvgb.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Obviously the bumper itself is OEM but I've never seen those pushers before. They're kinda cool, I'd pick them up just to rescue them from the junkyard. To see if they're OEM or not, take a close look at the plastic around where the pusher attaches. See if it's jaggedly cut, then you'd know it was an aftermarket mod for sure.

*EDIT*
Also, that looks like a Ranger, not an Explorer. Same thing only different. You can tell by the grill.

for that price I'd grab it. pretty sure pushers weren't stock on the "x"

You used to be able to buy those pusher things in catalogs like JC Whitney. I'm not sure how they're mounted.

They usually mount to the stock bumper holes with longer bolts... I'm sure you can remove them & use your stock hardware.

Back