Is this piece on tailgate trim removable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is this piece on tailgate trim removable?

atikovi

Reaction score
City, State
Mclean VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
2015 PIU. That piece isn't shown as a separate part from the molding that goes across the tailgate so I don't want to break it. I tried prying it out with a screw driver and it comes out a little bit, but I don't want to force it and break it it. Can it actually be removed?

IMG_2784a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you think it may be accessible from inside the door when the interior panel is removed?

Peter

No, just metal behind it.

2015 PIU. That piece isn't shown as a separate part from the molding that goes across the tailgate so I don't want to break it. I tried prying it out with a screw driver and it comes out a little bit, but I don't want to force it and break it it. Can it actually be removed?

View attachment 424963

This looks like the rear camera block off plate. I've replaced the rear camera recently and had to remove 2 screws with the lift gate open, then remove to trim on the lift gate (YouTube'd a video that helped with the process, step by step). Hope this Helps.

- Pre2Dat

This looks like the rear camera block off plate. I've replaced the rear camera recently and had to remove 2 screws with the lift gate open, then remove to trim on the lift gate (YouTube'd a video that helped with the process, step by step). Hope this Helps.

- Pre2Dat
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back