PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
May be buying another truck!!!

I have my black lowered Limited right now that i have always wanted to lift..... but have desided to keep it the way it is.....

well i just ran across other black 96 V-8 that I am going to look at...... that way ill have the best of both worlds!!

let me know if you think this truck is worth it....

1996 V-8 AWD XLT
Black
tan leather
power moonroof
6 disc changer
"loaded"
107k miles
Rebuilt tranny with new torque convert
running boards
dynomax exhaust
computer chip
all new brakes
trailer hitch
fairly new tires

guys wife slide off the road and hit a small tree....

frame and motor are fine......
only things it needs:
Headlight
grille
hood
bumper
radiator

I already have all of those spare parts collecting dust in my garage off my 96.......
He is asking $3,000 and just wants to get it out of the driveway............. blue book is $8700-9400

he says its mint minus the front end problem. I am going to look at it wednesday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3,000 Thats a great price, if you have all those parts..

go for it. if anything, swap your stuff on it and re-sell it. that would at least clear out some of the garage. :p

Sounds like a damn good price if you have all those parts already.

i was thinking about fixing it and reselling it..... making some money but i have ALWAYS wanted a lifted late model explorer.... so i think thats what i am going to do if I do end up purchasing it..... we will see wednesday.

that would be pretty cool to have 2 black 96 V-8 X's parked side by side in the shop.... a lowered and a lifted!!!

that could be a chance to make a pretty good amount of money, but for the price and the little bit of repairs it sounds totally worth it, but i would keep it myself.

i went and checked the truck out tonight. The truck itself is pretty mint. the interior looks brand new!!!

I am going to have to buy a piece though.. the main front support where the radiator bolts to.

another problem is getting it home. its about and hour away. All i have on my dually is a step bumper so i would have to get a class 3 hitch and then find a trailer.... or hire a flat a flat bed......

well i know 2 people with roll backs..... so i am sure i can get it cheaper then normal.... i just dont want to both them- lol....

i just ordered a class V hitch for my dually since i will be needing it in the near future anyways. can you rent trailers at places that sell trailers??? there are a few places by me that i am going to look at tomorrow....

I also think i am going to sell my enclosed snowmobile trailer since i never use it. My girlfriend doesnt like riding her own on the trails so i always leave it home and just throw mine the bed of my dually..... this way i can sell the sled trailer and buy a car trailer to haul my mustangs and X to the track.

well guys... i bought the truck today and trailered it home.... ill post pictures in the morning. Its all washed and sitting in the garage... if i have some time tomorrow i am going to start tearing the front end off-

I cant wait to see your finished product. I love what you have done with your street X and I am not even a street person. Keep us informed.

Buy it. You really can't go wrong for $3000.00. Sounds good to me.

here are a few pics- sorry they are so big.
P1110011.JPG

P1120022.jpg

after an hour of playing.....

P1120038.JPG

Holy $h!t Marc! You got your work cut out for ya! But it should be fun. Can't wait to see it lifted! :D Frame looks good?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HOW MANY DAMN GARAGES DO YOU HAVE!!!!!!! lol omg.. if that is your house i wanna see a picture of it... oh yeah x looks good too

Back